is nitrous good for my bike?

GoldenMotor.com

auto2tech1999

Dec 26, 2010
mi
i just bought a engine to put on my bike and its a 2010 2 stroke from bikeberry.com. i was just wondering is nitrous a good idea for a little extra speed. and can i hook up nitrous to a boost bottle?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
That would be a bad idea.. Save your money get a tuned pipe later on after you get things up a running.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It might be good for your bike, but I certainly would not use it in any of mine. Premature wear is never a good thing for any engine......nitrous will quickly shorten the life of these little smokers.

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina
I've always wondered what the speed increase would be with nitrous. I know full well that it will tear up the motor in short order. I also know the speed increas, what ever it is, is very short lived, somewhere around 6 to 11 seconds or somthing like that.
The only time I would use nitrous, would be if I were making money in races that were won with short bursts of speed, and I could afford to replace an engine every couple of months.
Thats never going to happen, So I'll just be happy crusing around with the speed that I do have, and enjoy a day of mellow ridding.
I would not recomend nitrous if you can't afford the nitrous itself, a new motor, or incuring hospital bills do to mechanical failure.