Syhawk 66cc 2-Stroke Small Bevel Wheel Won't Fit

GoldenMotor.com

rawson43

Aug 22, 2010
Jensen Beach
Small bevel wheel broke because apparently forced on by the factory. Got two new bevel wheels from GasBike and neither will slide onto the shaft. Needs to go back about 3/16 of an inch. How do I get the wheel on? Thank you!

Well I fixed it. It was a defect in the shaft from the factory where the shaft is tapered (small in diameter in the front compared to the back). Did not have a dremel tool so used a metal screw tip holder and contact adhesive to hold and wrapped the sandpaper around it. Then sanded the inside of the wheel (not the shaft) a little bit at a time and rechecking the fit until I got a perfect fit. Did not have to hammer it or force it on. Where there is a will, there is a way!

Last edited:

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
If the small gear broke, the shaft may have some burrs on it, hit it with some 240 grit sandpaper, make a few passes inside the gear too. There should be a small keyway that NEEDs to be in there, sometimes a drop of superglue works well to keep the keyway in the right position, make sure the keyway stays put, may have to use a scribe to keep it level as the gear goes on, due to the angle cut, it is easier if you take the BIG bevel gear off first, so the small gear does not have to rotate while installing. be sure to compare old and new gear and test fit without keyway first.

Mac

rawson43

Aug 22, 2010
Jensen Beach
Thanks Mac for answering so fast. I did sandpaper and polished both, no burrs and greased it. Key is not a problem. Tried without the key, still will not go back completely. The old small wheel broke in pieces, so cant' compare them. Just appears as if the first half of the shaft is narrower than the back half or so. This a brand new motor.

Last edited: