chain is eating my tire.

GoldenMotor.com

charge5

Jul 10, 2008
RI
Anyone else have this problem? The tensioner always works its way towards the rear tire. I was thinking about shimming the sprocket to move it out a hair but I have a coaster rim and there isn't really enough room..... anyone?

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
hi 5; what does the icon mean? if you have a reactor supply co. near you, get parts--#165-063 tensioner w/roller---#165-280 spring. they are in the off road/go cart sect. if not you can drill small hole through tens. and bik frame and put in a small screw. if you dont fix it it will derail and wipe out spokes and maybe a highside. good luck mitch

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I had the same problem...could not move the sprocket or motor. I wanted to use 26X2.25 balloon tires. What I had to do is go to 26X2.00 tires. It still rubs a little...but after 5 years and 4,000 miles the tire is still holding strong.

For the tensioner, some use a sheet metal screw or bolt or both to keep the tensioner from getting into the wheel...http://motorbicycling.com/f3/chain-tensioner-modification-764.html

charge5

Jul 10, 2008
RI
hi 5; what does the icon mean? if you have a reactor supply co. near you, get parts--#165-063 tensioner w/roller---#165-280 spring. they are in the off road/go cart sect. if not you can drill small hole through tens. and bik frame and put in a small screw. if you dont fix it it will derail and wipe out spokes and maybe a highside. good luck mitch
It means, "come and get them". thanks for the info.