honda gx 35 on a mtn bike

GoldenMotor.com

darrel

Jul 21, 2010
southeast texas
what would be the best route to go on a drive system??? would it be better for a friction drive, a belt mounted on the wheel, chain going to the sprocket set. i was also woundering where if any parts could be had to do this? thanks in advance for the advice cause i havent really found any useful info on the internet. i havent found a kit yet either that doesnt have a engine.

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Hi Darrel, if your still looking for options, consider the BMP or Staton Friction Drive units. To me they're ingenious in their simplicity. The GEBE and other rack mounted belt/chain systems certainly have devotees here on the groups. I think the key is utilizing QUALITY components. Incidentally, the FD units are simple to install and maintain. The Robin 35 on my daughter's BMP unit is a sweet little performer. Hope this is helpful

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
And just to round out a couple of further options for chain drive with the GX35 if you're interested: Staton sells his gearbox and components for a rackmount and also now has an axle mounted drive available.