Please help, wont start!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Tulsacruiser

Mar 26, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
Ok im lost Im getting nothing the engine wont even try to turn over, the wheels just locks up when I let out the clutch. I was trying to adjust the idle (thought it was too high) could that be my problem? How to I adjust the idle screw correctly? Or any other thoughts? It has gas but when I took the filter off there was oil in the air cleaner (too rich?) Any help appericated. Ive only had this bike for a week and I really want to start riding it again and work on building another one.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
If your chain is too lose it will bind up on the front chain sprocket and that will lock up the rear wheel. Take the spark plug out ground it to the head make sure your getting a good spark.
You should be able to roll the bike forwards with the clutch let out and watch the spark plug laying on the head and see a spark.
The idle speed is easy to adjust let it warn up good and then adjust it to what you like for an idle
remember when its cold it won't idle as well if at all unless you keep revving the engine with the throttle a little.
The air cleaner will get oily poo on it it the nature of these engines to spit some fuel on the filter
I don't oil mine when I clean it I just wash it out in warn soapy dish water rinse shake off and put it on then ride it. Its still water wet but that won't hurt it as it will draw the water out on a short ride.
It sounds like your new to these bikes read the sticky posts on this forum they have a ton of info
and photos to help you have a good running bike.