Standard 66cc Engine Stud Width?

GoldenMotor.com

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
I plan on ordering a 66cc eBay kit today or tomorrow. It would go on a mountain bike with about a 2" down tube. I also plan on ordering the "Front Engine Mount - Large Universal" from Sick Bike Parts. However I have no idea what the Engine Stud Width will be (1.6" or 1.9"). Is there a standard width for these kits or should I just wait until it arrives and measure?

I did use the forum's search and Google search before posting this.

Here's the kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/80cc-bicycle-mo...Cycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a5781facc

Thanks.

Edit: Also, is it necessary to put the metal tabs between the U-ring bolt and the frame? The cheapest I can find for those tabs is $5.

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Would anyone be willing to measure their engine stud width (center of stud to other center of stud) for a future MBer? Especially anyone who has a PK-80 kit? I'm leaning toward that instead of the eBay kit.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Ulysys

Apr 25, 2009
Spokane, WA
I know the width on my 49cc is around 1.6 inch, but I have and older model motor that can only mount to up to a 1.25 inch downtube. Most motors now have a mount that allows up to 1.5 inch on the downtube. I don't know if that means wider mounting studs or not. Unless someone has ordered a motor from that guy on ebay before and can tell you, I say wait until after you get the kit and measure it yourself before getting the SBP mount.

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks Ulysys. I'm waiting for a PM from Hambro. I'm 99% sure he already ordered the same kit as me so he should be able to measure. I'm surprised no one else on the forum has a PK-80 kit. Anyone who is reading this: Could you please, please measure? I'm desperate to order my parts from SBP as soon as possible so that I will receive them about the same time my kit comes. Thanks, this forum is great!