hole in head

GoldenMotor.com

kcmcf

Jun 9, 2008
Alliance,NE
just got a live fast kit the other day took it to work last night to show it off and found that there was a hole in the side that goes into the head bolt void should i worry about it or not. look's like a casting flaw.
P1010001.JPG

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
hey I thought you were talking about me.......Man i would try to get a replacement, That could couse problems later on.

kcmcf

Jun 9, 2008
Alliance,NE
just talked to them he said that is not a problem and should be ok. posted this on another forum and they think it will be fine also as it dosnt go into any thing major just the bolt hole.

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thats your choice. Naturally the vendor is going to say it isnt a problem, and it might not be, but if it is in a few months, will he stand behind it? If it was me I would ant what I paid for from the beginning...

mike373

Jun 16, 2008
Mine is even worse than that and it runs great. I can see 2 inches of onte of the head studs through the hole in mine. It's just a flaw in the exterior of the casting.

Mike

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Darn guess I will have to take a look at mine. I never paid any attention as long as it runs. I know it is loud, smelly, and vibrates like the bed in a cheap motel but thats part of the charm... isn't it???