Tricycle Options...

GoldenMotor.com

lilffihn

Oct 18, 2009
Winona MN (southeast MN)
Hey Ther Everybody...i Was Wondering If Anyone Had Put A 2 Stroke Engine On There Trike...not Like A Recumbent Trike But Like A Sit Up One...i Was Thinking Of Doing This So I Could Ride It In The Winter So I Wouldn't Slip On The Ice And Snow...thanks For Your Help...

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Hey Ther Everybody...i Was Wondering If Anyone Had Put A 2 Stroke Engine On There Trike...not Like A Recumbent Trike But Like A Sit Up One...i Was Thinking Of Doing This So I Could Ride It In The Winter So I Wouldn't Slip On The Ice And Snow...thanks For Your Help...
Spookytooth sells a tricyle converion kit for bicyles....Scroll down and it shows alll the pics of the bike when its done....

Tricycle Conversion Kit for Bicycles & Motorized Bicycles

John-John.trk

Ezra

Jan 20, 2010
SW Louisiana
That Tricycle conversion if to make a two wheel bike a three wheel bike.

I want to buy a Schwinn Tricycle and add an engine to it....

42blue15

Sep 18, 2008
St Louis metro, USA
I haven't dealt much with motorized trikes.

I have read of others' efforts for normal (non-motorized) bicycle/trike conversions.

The main drawback of these kits is that unless you can do machine-shop work (or you pay to have it done) you are limited to only a single-speed or a 3-speed setup. All of these "granny" trikes I've seen, including the "industrial" ones from Worksman and Husky, all only offered a single-speed or a three-speed option. If you live anywhere there's hills, three speeds isn't going to cut it. The "bicycle" hub needs to have a second cog fitted to the left-side spoke flange, that is used for the shorter second chain to drive the rear axle.

A second problem I have heard of is that these kits are not built very rugged. They have problems with bearings going bad, the rear frame cracking and so on. I don't know that they are all the same, but most of them (from lots of different sellers) appear to be identical. Some of the low-rider sites sell them very inexpensively.
~

Last edited:

hot rodder

Jan 23, 2009
Hayden ID.
trike 2.JPG

trike 1.JPG

tricycle.JPG

trike rear.JPG

I built this out of a west coast chopper made rear out of 3/16 plate and dom tubing 3/4 axle shaft, hand built fenders. front and rear disc, hand built exhaust