Oil change on a 4G

GoldenMotor.com

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
Hello everyone! Am about to change the oil for the first time, and had a hard time getting the oil in with a funnel and plastic hose. Not a good way to go the way I did it. Is there a easy way to do this? Maybe with a baster thingy??? And how about to drain the oil? When I unscrew the bolt to drain, I am liable to get the oil all over the place. I will have to get rags and a drip pan of course.
I suppose I could be just daring and try anything, but just looking for answers before I did anything.
Many thanks! Luv this 4 stroke!!! Went up to Oak Run, CA in a breeze!!

Dave

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Or make your own 10mm 1.5 pitch bolt . Cut the top off ..drill a hole in it. Then get some hose and 2 hose clamps . Then get another bolt to block the end bothe bolts need the hose clamp to secure them to hose...your done!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Or make your own 10mm 1.5 pitch bolt . Cut the top off ..drill a hole in it. Then get some hose and 2 hose clamps . Then get another bolt to block the end bothe bolts need the hose clamp to secure them to hose...your done!
Just smiles at all that ;-}

You can get a big syringe from most any drug store for a buck or two and just add ~5" of gas line on the end.

With the bike level just stick the tube in from the filler and suck out all the old oil, then fill it up with new oil by filling the syringe from the oil bottle and squirting it in until it hits the cap threads.

It's a 5 minute no mess job so do it often ;-}

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Just smiles at all that ;-}

You can get a big syringe from most any drug store for a buck or then fill it up with new oil by filling the syringe from the oil bottle and squirting it in until it hits the cap threads.

It's a 5 minute no mess job so do it often ;-}[/QUOTE

Wowlaff

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I use what I believe is an old condiment bottle (plastic) with a piece of hose, as a funnel. Methinks the syringe is better.
Works well for us.
I keep an old oil bottle for the waste, and we store the thing in an old tube sock so it doesn't gather dirt and dust hehehe ;-}

Last edited:

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
I certainly like the syringe idea! My motor is mounted so low that the drain plug is a lot closer to the seat post, I do not have much tolerance.... Thank you very much for all the tips posted!

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
First of all, it looks like it is a 5G, not a 4G..... all the same ,huh..... anyway, thanks very much for your replies! I had a baster, got a plastic hose to fit, sucked out the oil, that done, removed the bulb from the baster, and voila! poured the oil in using it like a funnel and all done!!!!!

Thanks, guys!
Dave

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
First of all, it looks like it is a 5G, not a 4G..... all the same ,huh..... anyway, thanks very much for your replies! I had a baster, got a plastic hose to fit, sucked out the oil, that done, removed the bulb from the baster, and voila! poured the oil in using it like a funnel and all done!!!!!

Thanks, guys!
Dave
Nice..added your own lil touch
.good work!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
All the G stuff is transfer cases, the engine where the oil goes is an HS 142F.
Using what works is what counts, easy to do on a regular bases.
Nice job ;-}

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
I thank you all for reading and replying. I got my baster, added a plastic hose, sucked out the oil, removed the bulb and voila... a funnel. Poured in the oil until it dribbled out and the crankcase is full. Thank you one and all.
Dave

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I thank you all for reading and replying. I got my baster, added a plastic hose, sucked out the oil, removed the bulb and voila... a funnel. Poured in the oil until it dribbled out and the crankcase is full. Thank you one and all.
Dave
Glad to help.
No excuse to not keep the oil fresh now and you'll be glad you did if you plan on keeping it awhile ;-}