shouldnt i get more speed w 29" wheels instead of 26"

GoldenMotor.com

stewpedassle

Feb 16, 2012
florida
i have 4 stroke kit i had 32 tooth sprocket on 29 in onyx then switched to astra 29" for brakes and added pirate cycle adapter w 36tooth now on onyx was getting 31-34 depen ter wind etc on astra i get 23-26 i hear these guys on 26" bikes w 44 t doin 30 mind you i weigh 220 is my engine crap or whatzptzpt

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Sounds like your motor is going boom. I see from your other post this is the case. You don't run a new motor hard until it's fully broken in, especially if you intend to modify it. I wait till at least 10-15 tanks of fuel before trying to get more out of the engine, ANY engine. Four-strokes seem to take considerably longer to break in from my experience. Sounds to me like you helped the engine die....Sorry. Be more careful and hopefully you will get better service from these little gems.

MattWvNightRider

Mar 14, 2013
United States
I got a 28inch motorbike, and does get more speed then my old 26inch motor bike. I got a 80cc, with speed card, boost bottle, high performance spark plug, and plug wire, goes around 35 mph but got high compression head and expansion exhaust and 39 tooth sprocket coming in mail right now, should go 40 to 45 mph after those come in. Got 40 tooth sprocket on it now. But about 5mph dif on my 26 and 28 inch bikes.shft.