HI, please help new guy with decision

GoldenMotor.com

amanji

Nov 15, 2010
auckland
i just found this bike on the street...i don't know much about bikes but i want to repair it.
I want to put a engine on it.like electric or petrol.
I don't really have much cash and i am wondering if this type of bike is no good for me
I don't know size specs and what is appropriate...noob.
I can spend like 300 on it...
I'm a bit lost because maybe its a girl's bike...but i don't get that and too poor to really know or care...

herez the pic of the bike..
smart people please help...

Girls Bike- Turbo GT for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
You can't fit any of the 'in frame' engines on it... But you can put a 4-stroke 'rack mount' engine on it. You're also looking at probably spending your whole 300 budget on it though. :rolleyes:

amanji

Nov 15, 2010
auckland
You can't fit any of the 'in frame' engines on it... But you can put a 4-stroke 'rack mount' engine on it. You're also looking at probably spending your whole 300 budget on it though. :rolleyes:

this bike that i have is pretty rusted and it was just left like that....do you thing
i should just throw it away because its a girl's bike?
can i still motorize it?
please tell me

TikiHead

May 9, 2010
Arizona
this bike that i have is pretty rusted and it was just left like that....do you thing
i should just throw it away because its a girl's bike?
can i still motorize it?
please tell me

Amanji,

It does not look particularly girlish to me, just looks like a mountain bike. Here's a link to a less expensive 4-stroke rack mount kit, $325. I did not go for this kit - I went with a Staton kit.

49cc Chain Drive 4 Cycle OHC Rear Mount Gas Motorized Bicycle Kit | All Gas Powered Bicycle Motors | Live Fast Motors - Gas Motorized Bicycles and Gas Powered Bicycle Motors

.cs.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Well, with 24" your losing some top end speed over 26, but it'll still get you around :) Can always go with a smaller sprocket on the rim to make up for it.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Why the emotional attachment to this bike?

it's really not a good candidate for an in frame motor which is the most common and most available and cheapest and probably the easiest for the inexperienced.

If you're going to invest in a kit, why not get a more compatible mountain bike or cruiser?
Cheap ones are out there and you might even find one for less than you could sell this one.