New Cranny

GoldenMotor.com

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
New Cranny, with old triangle reflector, came from an old Sears Ted Williams bike made in Austria. also chain guard addition on my first build. Engine is actually a 66cc raw, but maybe I can fool the law with the 48 sticker.

Attachments

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Lookin Joe, I don't use the kit chain guards too often cause they tend to make a lot of noise from the vibrations but if it works for you then cool. I know how you feel about mounting the rag joint. I hate using them too but one can only wait so long for parts to come in before losing patience.

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
Lookin Joe, I don't use the kit chain guards too often cause they tend to make a lot of noise from the vibrations but if it works for you then cool. I know how you feel about mounting the rag joint. I hate using them too but one can only wait so long for parts to come in before losing patience.
Copy that on the stock chain guard, i used a 14 Ga. strap on the rear of it, an american made screw and some loctite. hopefully will be fine. Sure wish i had a brake press, welder, punch press and a couple sheets of 18Ga. steel. I was a metal fabricator for 12 years prior to becoming a trucker. Talk to ya later.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
So Joe, How is the bike running? Just wondering, and were you able to quiet the rattle and vibration on the chain guard? Keep me posted.

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
Hey hambro, bikes running strong,that 66cc raw has some gittyup and go. Still not broken in yet, maybe 20 miles or so. Rode with my bud that has a 4 stroke, and I wizzed by him, must have been doing 35 or 40 mph. I weigh about 170. Still waiting for that adapter from Manic Mechanic, its been just about a month, never again. Hooked up an old shift lever from a 10 speed to the choke lever, small bracket under the frame holds the cable mount, just have to get a small spring to pull it back down, pretty cool, no more reaching down with your left hand, will post some pics when complete.

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
New upgrades to Cranny, took the springer off my roadmaster frame, purchased seat on E-Bay from Build your Bike store, look close and you can see the choke cable hookup, going up to handle bar shifter, really love it, no more searching for the choke lever when bikes about to die. Using a rubber band temporarily to pull choke lever back down. Got to get to the hardware for a spring. That stock seat was way to hard on the back. picked up the new seat for $34, pretty well constructed. Man that 66cc Raw really moves out, really dont need to pedal to start off, but I know the clutch cant be to happy, and probally will wear faster. Next project, highway bars.

Attachments

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
ChopperJoe,
Yes my springer fork has a lot of travel. I could tighten the spring bolt, however it gives a really comfortable ride the way it is. I could not post a pic in the PM so i came to this thread. Thanks for the info.

Russell

Attachments