High Idle When Bike is Hot

GoldenMotor.com

Trevor

Jul 2, 2016
CA
My bike runs fine and has good power for about 10 minutes but then when I start climbing hills or riding for a long amount of time it starts to lose a lot of power and I have to start pedaling with the motor. When I stop and let it idle it'll start to rev up high but the revs rise and fall a little. Then when I try and hit the kill switch it starts dieseling and refuses to shut off. I've tried adjusting the c-clip in the carb all the way up and down but it still does it.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sounds lean - may be foaming fuel a bit and pulling air bubbles from too much vibration, or may get an air leak when something expands as it gets hot

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Sounds like an air leak. When it gets hot the metal expands and I suspect that you have an air leak that causes loss of compression. Start it up and get it hot and feel around the head for any air shooting out around the head gasket. Check for leaks around the intake manifold and where the carb connects to the intake.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
What Tyler said. get a spray bottle & spray around the carb & intake with water. If it starts to choke you have found the leak. It would run rough & spit if the head is loose. It is a common problem on 2 strokes. And leak oil there.