New Guy from Texas

GoldenMotor.com

almo

Aug 11, 2011
Houston, TX
Hi,

I purchased the Flying Horse 66CC kit.

The problem I have is deciding on the bike. I want to get a cruiser that will not give me too much problems on my first build.

I'm considering the Micargi Pantera 26". I want to add fenders and a front brake.

I was told that a 24" rear wheel will not work. I wanted the Electra Sparker Special 3i (I know pricey) but it has a 24" back wheel.

I've had a hard time deciding on the bike. Any suggestions on the Micargi or other recommendations would be appreciated.

Allen

almo

Aug 11, 2011
Houston, TX
I guess my questions would be...

1. Is the Micargi Pantera a solid candidate and can a front brake be installed. Disk brakes sure would be nice. The fender should be a no brainer.

2. Can a 24" rear wheel be installed.

3. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks,
Allen

almo

Aug 11, 2011
Houston, TX
Okay, np, guys. Feel somewhat like the
annoying new comer...I'm thinking the Cargri pantera (like the copper color) or the firmstrong BC-105 26" Men's Beach Cruiser.these are my candidates...any input appreciated as always

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. You may be better off finding a used electra, nirve or older schwinn cruiser. The newer bargain cruiser frames have developed cracks on occasion when motorized. iThe frame tubing has thicker walls in the older bikes. I have heard second hand of cracks in Micargi frames but I have never actually seen a post from a victim. The Micargi Janos comes with 24in wheels, I think. There are a few Micargi falcons on this site.