Planning my first project !!!

GoldenMotor.com

wetbikepro

Sep 13, 2014
bend
i too am planning my first project and have already had extensive work done to the frame but i am wondering about the jackshaft kit and if there are any needed upgrades to make it a solid investment.:-||

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
My advice with a jack shaft is take advantage of the ease of running disc brakes front and rear compared to a left hand drive sprocket.
the lack of engine braking with a shift kit makes you more reliant on the brakes.
Shift kits are good for cruising, but for all out performance, getting your gearing correct with a single speed can be better.

wetbikepro

Sep 13, 2014
bend
sweet what gearing do you suggest and there is a kit to allow for a rear disc brake is it worth the buy also i am trying to load a pic do you know why it wont allow me to any ideas would be appreciated oh and i will be using this as mod of transportation but i want it to be sporty also gearing wise the motor i am buying is heavily modded.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Go to the search on top ' how to post pictures.

There is always the option of mounting the disk break on the jack shaft,but not to big because through gearing you power so you don't need a vary big one.

If you use shift kit do 1 sprocket in front and a five sprocket on the wheel,realy simplify's it and that is more gears then you realy need....................Curt