Sportsman BTR Seat

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Your "brown one" is givin me a stiffy.... laff
Oh, that's too funny. This brown seat is a keeper and will go on my black bike. Were still working on the matching leather handlebar wraps. I think it's called "accessorizing". You know, match the purse to the shoes, I mean the grips to the seat.........

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Oh, that's too funny. This brown seat is a keeper and will go on my black bike. Were still working on the matching leather handlebar wraps. I think it's called "accessorizing". You know, match the purse to the shoes, I mean the grips to the seat.........
? Drapes match the carpet ? laff

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Still fine tuning the shape. The first couple seats were a bit flat and wide, and that's not what we want, right? I hate to think I am messing with history, but I took a couple small liberties with the shape of the original or at least what I think is a close approximation of the original. The tan one is as close to original as I have. Black one is my interpretation.

Sportsman BTR Seats by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

One thing that is a must in a board track style seat, at least in my opinion, is the curve. That has been the challenge in both the pan forming operation and the leather. If it's flat it just doesn't rate on the cool factor scale.

Sportsman BTR Seat by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
hay pat-- great as always

i rounded up a shovel at the scrap yard yesterday and i think i could do for many as a pan just alittle trimming of the blade edges!!

slit the middle if you want alittle kush or air conditioning down there??!!

what´a think????

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
hay pat-- great as always

i rounded up a shovel at the scrap yard yesterday and i think i could do for many as a pan just alittle trimming of the blade edges!!

slit the middle if you want alittle kush or air conditioning down there??!!

what´a think????
If your going to run a shovel blade for a seat you may as well run a shovel head for an engine!