I mean I knew this but...

GoldenMotor.com

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Keep in mind that you need to mirror the video for the North American driver viewpoint in the cabin. So don't go sneaking up on people on the right or they might turn down on you into a side street or driveway.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I ride like every other person I see is going to try and kill me. It has served me well over the years.
No major accidents or injuries.
*knocks on wood*

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Good reminder. That's why I wear a vis-vest, and always sound my AirZound when coming alongside and passing trucks.

I only drive the company truck(s) part of the time, and only straight truck (no trailer, we have another guy for that) but to me, I see too much of the truck's cab in the mirror at the very beginning.. I'd have the mirrors a little farther out, so I could see the edge of the truck in the inside edge of the mirror, and be able to see where the rear wheels are. That looks like almost a quarter of the mirror is wasted.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
As the driver was beginning a turn, the cab is at an angle - so the mirrors are reflecting only the trailer... I'm not sure the mirror's location is at fault or if there'd be any way to prevent that except the driver remembering to look back because of it...

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Yeah, I saw that the cab was at a bit of an angle but the cab is white, the trailer isn't. What I was looking at, was how much of the cab was in the edge of the mirror.

Still, a good reminder that we're little more than potential debris and shrapnel next to one of them.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Two lessons to be learned here........1 don't ride in large packs when semi's are on the road. 2 don't let cameras drive semi's.....there field of view and peripheral vision are very limited laff