Ok front brake question.

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
anyway, the pads i got were cheaper than the ones in that link, when you count shipping charges. i am financially strapped for the time being. the pads i got will have to do until i can spare more money or they wear out. my rim is painted with engine enamel, perhaps that will slow any wearing of the rim?
soft pads = faster stops but wear out quicker. hard pads = slower stops but last longer. You choose.
fatdaddy.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
It will decrease your stopping effectiveness, but basically any v-brake pad will work, some just work better. I am using the softee pads and not going back to any other kind. They are cheap and seem to last just fine. I've got several hundred miles down with this set and they aren't worse for wear yet.

I even saw a guy put old school block wedges on his v-brakes, and he said it worked ok, as they wear to the shape of the rim. The arms were a little spread out though.

anyway, the pads i got were cheaper than the ones in that link, when you count shipping charges. i am financially strapped for the time being. the pads i got will have to do until i can spare more money or they wear out. my rim is painted with engine enamel, perhaps that will slow any wearing of the rim?