A sneek peak of the engine that will...

GoldenMotor.com

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
kick your @$$ on the next ride! I will post a link to the tread I did about using a Yamaha GT80 carb on your MB. Well I finally got around to trying it out... I am very pleased! I had a custom intake made that fits the ID and OD of the larger carb. You could use the stock intake but I dont think you would get the most out of the carb. I'm just starting to break in the new engine so I haven't had a chance to really open her up. The throttle response is super crisp and the engine pulls very hard! The carb came off a very good running stock Yamaha GT80. I didn't change the jets, I left the needle in the center clip and kept the air/fuel mixture where it was. I think I lucked out! I am at sea level so I know I have that going for me but I'm sure you guys would get the same results as I did if you tried this.

Attachments

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i got the slowest motor goin , i,m in , while you guyzezez heads are bobbin from the bumps in the track , my head be noddin at the hot chic in the bikini . ( the low rider rides a little slower ) ride i,m designing is so low , you,de bruise your eyebrows if ya hicup .

hummin beat to low rider ...

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
so, you guys think yer fast, hunh?

Norm, find a nice "track" for us on the next ride. we'll have a race...
Doood... You have to race in your own 'flyweight class'... the rest of us will run in the over 200lbs 'heavyweight class'! :rolleyes:

But seriously, on the March 7th ride, we could race several laps around the Federal building parking lot! (It's a real big lot.)

Also, the run down San Vicente Bl. to the beach is a long open road with a slight down hill... (Your bike could probably hit 50MPH on it!!)