Halcyon build

GoldenMotor.com

Felixcat

Dec 12, 2009
Boston
Very nice. I like the way the tank sits inside there and the way the muffler rides down the rail nicely so perfect.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Looks great and YAY! proper boardtrack handle bars!

Do you sell these bars? It would be great to be able to point to a source for them.

That motor deserves to be polished. It isn't hard to do, just takes some elbow grease. You can use wet/dry sandpaper and a drill with a buffing pad and some emory. You don't need a whole buffing machine.

Last edited:

HalcyonCycleWorks

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix
The bars are from Velo Orange, however they are less than 1" and not 7/8" so standard motor kit throttles will not fit, and Harley 1" outer throttles will not fit. You would have to purchase a internal throttle for 1" bars. There was a lot of trial and error before I found a way to make them work. It was not fun. But the internal throttle is great looking and smooth. It is just a very expensive way to go and there is some moderate fabrication to make it work. In all it costs a bit over $100 to make it happen. Worth it in my opinion.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

The cable and mechanism are all internal, cable routed through the handlebar for the ultimate "clean" look ;)

Usually ranging in price from $60/$200+ they ain't for everyone lol

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
That is such a quality piece of machinery you got there. I'm stunned, I was staring at it with a look of amazement for so long my lips got stuck to my teeth! Just awe inspiring!

PutsTheDUIinRUINED

Oct 17, 2009
'zona

The cable and mechanism are all internal, cable routed through the handlebar for the ultimate "clean" look ;)

Usually ranging in price from $60/$200+ they ain't for everyone lol
Is there a link to that wonderful picture you have displayed before my eyes? I understand the price tag is a little steep, however, this may be the key to a problem I have wanted solved for my new build....duh.

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines
That is such a quality piece of machinery you got there. I'm stunned, I was staring at it with a look of amazement for so long my lips got stuck to my teeth! Just awe inspiring!
-at least your mouth was closed hellhammered...mine was half open while enjoying this bike...had to get tissue to wipe the saliva almost dripping....slurrp!pino.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Is there a link to that wonderful picture you have displayed before my eyes? I understand the price tag is a little steep, however, this may be the key to a problem I have wanted solved for my new build....duh.

internal throttle - Google Product Search

The one pictured is ofc the $200 version Choppers Inc. Internal Throttle with Sleeve - DennisKirk.com the cost is most likely a result of it sayin' "Harley Davidson" somewheres on it heh

Here's a more reasonable $60 variant Internal Throttle Assembly

Bear in mind that I've no idea about these businesses lol and ofc ya need to check handlebar sizes ;) 'Google Product Search' is also not all-inclusive, businesses hafta submit items to be displayed there - so a bit more digging may yield better results.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the problem with internal throttles, is the cable has to come out somewhere. unless you make custom 3 piece handlebars, that means you have to drill a hole in your bars, usually right next to the stem.

that's the spot that takes the most stress, and you still have a cable coming out.

i'd rather have some extra cable coming out of my grip, then a busted chin when my bars snap after jumping that speedbump at 30mph.

now, if someone could make a "wireless" throttle, that'd be neat-o.