Ratty Ole Higgins Motorized

GoldenMotor.com

RATTYBIKE

Sep 3, 2009
DFW
I like to take the Motor Kits and slam 'em on the old stuff to try to make the bike look like it came original with the motor. I'm new to your Forum and plan on becoming a reguar, I'm from the Dallas Fort Worth area and I love anything old and rusty, I'm diggin' all the craftsmanship you guys are showing with these old classic bikes.
I will be drooling over this Web site for the next few hours, see ya!

Attachments

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
nice old ride you got there Rattybike! they dont build them like that anymore! there is more steel in one of those fenders than there is in a new Huffy!lol great look and I dig that fuel tank it looks oem! my father restores old classics like that! and makes them like new, off the showroom floor condition nice! he has many trophy's of the first places he has received.

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Nice old Higgins you've got there. What year do you figure it is? I'd guess late forties to fifties. Even with rust, chipped paint, etc. it is an eye catcher. The original Elgins were sold by Sears and later were named JC Higgins. I recall reading about the main designer for Elgin... that guy came up with some beautiful designs.
Silverbear

RATTYBIKE

Sep 3, 2009
DFW
The guy I picked it up from told me 1940, he seemed to know his bikes, I did manage to talk him out of 25 of them, hee hee....

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Welcome RATTYBIKE, glad you joined us.

That is freaking sweet! I love it! .wee.
I like to take the Motor Kits and slam 'em on the old stuff to try to make the bike look like it came original with the motor. I'm new to your Forum and plan on becoming a reguar, I'm from the Dallas Fort Worth area and I love anything old and rusty, I'm diggin' all the craftsmanship you guys are showing with these old classic bikes.
I agree with Fair adn I like ur style Ratty.
U ever been to grapevine?

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thankyou very much for sharing that movie, traveler!
You have quite a nice bike there.
I have a chance on getting a 40's Whizzer. The price is a bit steep for me though.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I like that gas tank and don't recall ever seeing anything like it. What is it from?
Silverbear