Longest Winter I Can Remember

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
This winter has been Brutal. I have five MB's that I have built this winter that have never had gas in them yet. Looks like it will be quite some time before I will be able to test drive them!
We have had 46 inches of snow so far, (Expecting another 6-8 today) and we have two months to go. I am so ready to head for the Desert Southwest next month for a couple weeks.

John

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Titanium?
NP then, that's tough stuff ;)

Yeah, I getcha fosho - even "all stock" I'm gettin' a touch gimpy, I'll pay fer my foolishness sooner or later...

Not to mention in all seriousness I wouldn't take a new build out in the muck & salt anyway - it's doin' a number on my poor bike *shrug*

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Ret, you want to trade places for a little while? Alabama doesn't get much of the white stuff. The last good snow we had was in '93. I want to play in some before I'm too old. I'm sure it does suck after a while, though.

Last edited:

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Ret, you want to trade places for a little while? Alabama doesn't get much of the white stuff. The last good snow we had was in '93. I want to play in some before I too old. I'm sure it does suck after a while, though.
You are certainly welcome to come up and use my snowblower. That is what I am getting really tired of. Could be worse though, before we moved a few years ago I had a driveway that was a couple hundred feet long out in the country.

John

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I hear ya...I've used more 2 cycle mix in my snow blower this winter than in my bikes. Now that really stinks. It's snowing, AGAIN, as I write this and expecting to keep it up all day. If I had any sense I'd take the trike out and play with it. Can't fall down on a trike.
I wish I could get Al Gore to come and help me clear my walks. Maybe he could explain his theory to me while he's shoveling 'global warming' off my driveway.
Tom

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Maybe that global warming thing is something like cold water boiling faster than warm water! Next, they are going to tell us that it's going to get really, really cold and then hotter than **** before you know it!

Oh, come on! Satan's playground is profanity?! That was my first edit!!!!

Last edited:

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
My son says," If we just had another month in the spring and another in the fall - you could actualy live here".

This is the third month of below normal temps. here. Only ran the snowblower 4 times though, and this is Buffalo.
I really didn't mind Washington getting my share of snow last weekend- in case there might be a few believers in the Global lie still left in that town.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I got flooded out of Indiana, but now even jacksonvilles a bit too chilly when you're an old fart with arthritis. Highs this week in 50's. They haven't got a lot of insulated glass here, but I'm resting and hoping to get peddling soon- and some motoring too.

I was in the Cali desert at Needles a few years back and the flowers should be blooming there by now- unfortunately it's like 115 degrees for six months, and then like winter in reverse- you stay inside because it's TOO hot and ya get SCorched.

Don't forget your 20 mule team....