Home made intake and dual brake lever

GoldenMotor.com

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
These are some pics of my home made intake and the dual brake set up- both are still in progress, but functioning progress.
The intake is a piece from a showere head neck! After being dicouraged at the parts store for finding the right diameter tube to make the intake (19mm I think) I went home and rumaged through the parts box and found the neck which was close at 20.5mm so to the bench grinder I went. As you can see the inside diameter is a little larger than stock also which doesnt leave much surface area to the O-ring in the carb throat. I just dont force it on and it seems to seal up well. I put a little angle to the pipe at the flange joint to keep the carb a bit more level. The flange is the stock steel piece cut and cleaned up. I used a benzo torch and soldered them together. It works pretty well. Virtually no more 4 stroking anywhere in the rpm range! Seemed to smooth out everything and response is great. It is a very tight fit with the sbp air cleaner. I got a bolt the correct size for the clutch cable and cut and drilled so it is as low as possible and just clears- time for a brake noodle or pulley wheel or something!
The brake lever is self explanatory and works great! Unfortunately I didnt have the right size tap to match my cable ends, but I already have the piece waiting for the correct tap. I really like the dual brake lever and its so simple but with out the tap my adjustment must be made at the other end.
Just messing around and loving it!

Attachments

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Where I have the bolt passing through the lever is almost perfectly inline with the other cable attachment and the pull is real nice. By eyeball the two seem to follow the same arc from the leverage point Maybe I lucked out with the this lever as I thought about that to. One pulling more than the other but I have my front set a little tighter and the stoping power is great! Pretty close to 60/40 I guess. I rode for awhile on pins and needles with my eye on it all the time just in case of some kind of failure but it has been great so far and doesnt look to cheesey. I also threaded where the bolt passes through the lever which is a fairly good quality alluminum.

On the fins I read somewhere on here that it would help with noise and it does make a noticeable difference. I used some fuel line cut into 1/4in pieces and the pressed them in. They havent showed any signs of heat damage and they stay in place well- except the one's I accidently move while tinkering. It really did cut down on the "ping" of the cylinder and I only put them on the back side of the engine, right and left.

Last edited: