new kid in town

GoldenMotor.com

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
My son bought a Walmart Beach Cruiser and a King's 66cc kit . We started on it Saturday about 1PM and worked on it until 7pm . Took a few brakes and ate plus watched my 2 grandsons age 2 and 7 , in the process . You can guess which job was the most nerve racking . He plans on doing a little more customizing after the bugs get worked out . And we will keep an eye on the welds . Runs like a bat out of **** and rides great . dnut

Attachments

Last edited:

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
The Point Beach makes a NICE ride. However the front fender is dangerous, either remove it or reinforce it. I had cracks in mine in less than 100 miles. If you want to paint the tank to match I have a testors paint code for that also.

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
thanks for the fender warning ,and I have your testor paint number from a previous post . How did you go about forming a poo poo pipe for your cruiser ? could you give me details ?

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I bought it online bike-engines.com actually it fit pretty close. Just needed a bit of bending. I braced it down by the pedals with a hose clamp, and then at the rear too. It's louder than the stock muffler but way cooler.

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
well i tried to look up that exhaust on the website you gave me but all i get is Golden Eagle Co. and they don't seem to have it listed they sell rear mount engine kits . Any suggestions?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Leftywoody,
Love the bike but also your neighborhood. Reminds me of the one I grew up in. Great old houses and street.
Dan will probably chime in here because he's a big Point Beach fan and he'll have suggestions about that fender issue. Congrats, have fun and ride careful.
Tom

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Nice clean bike. Building bikes are always fun. I keep taking one of mine apart and redoing it because i get bored. Rat Rod/ Trash bike is nextdance1

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
when we finished this bike you would have thought my son just got a new car . He was excited . A rat bike would be so cool . I get bored too and I am now starting a 22 day vacation, no plans just whatever comes along . I see your from Ohio .Great state . I live just west of your north west border .