BGF Wiring. 80cc 2 cycle kit.

GoldenMotor.com

bharmon

Nov 3, 2011
Ohio
I am at the point of connecting the wires on my first BGF 2 cycle motor. No instructions came with the motor?

I have from the motor (1) each ; Blue, Black and White wires.
From the Ign. Module (coil) (1) each; Blue and Black wires.
From the kill button (1) each; Yellow and Green wire.

Could someone tell me the correct connection of these wires?

Thank you,

BHarmon

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
connect black, black & green all together
connect blue, blue & yellow all together
green & yellow really don't matter... thats just the way i do it

white is 6v for hooking up a head light ...i've never tried. i just put heat shrink on it and make sure its taped off so i doesnt touch anything

instructions should have been sent by email... not that they are worth a crap anyway :)

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Please do not connect any wires together other then the black (magneto) to the black (CDI)...and the blue (magneto) to the blue (CDI). These kits have a history of a defective kill switch. After you start the engine and know it runs then you can hook the kill switch wires up. You might want to re solder the blue wire at the magneto, some times you get a cold solder joint from the factory. I also cut the white wire off at the magneto and discard it.

Last edited:

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
good points you make Al... i've only built 3 bikes so far and the only problem i've had with kill switches is one was not making contact. so it didn't keep the engine from starting. i just had to take it apart and fix it so it would actually shut the engine off :) but if it was the other way around i can see your point .. it would keep the engine from starting

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
good points you make Al... i've only built 3 bikes so far and the only problem i've had with kill switches is one was not making contact. so it didn't keep the engine from starting. i just had to take it apart and fix it so it would actually shut the engine off :) but if it was the other way around i can see your point .. it would keep the engine from starting
Out of 5 builds I've never up to this day had a problem with the kill switch. Recommendations are given from members past (too many) experience. That is one thing that I covered in my "Preinstillation" recommendations.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GcesQihc7-mm3hJGf7UPiqOaRXZ8ekUT99QUZq2qXXE/edit

Last edited:

bharmon

Nov 3, 2011
Ohio
zptI would like to thank everyone for your help, i will take your advise and get the motor running and then connect the kill button. I did check the kill button with a circuit tester and it does appear to work for now anyway?

BHarmon