too quiet

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i will make some noise when i get home this sunday. on the ship it is .75 a minute for internet access which is crazy. hawaii is awesome. hope everyone is doing well

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I guess I'll start in on our State Representative and see can he do anything to help us old Texas outlaw motorbicylcers out. If nothing else I'll tell him I'm going to give his phone number to Norm and Norm will start calling him. That might get some wheels rolling. And some warm weather will help too.

Deacon, it's good to see you posting. It's been too quiet with you gone....................

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Yea. Everyone is greasing their axles bearing, tuning it up, polishing it. Squinting out into the sun light gettin ready for the run.
Here in Texas the cops are sharpening their pencils polishing up the patrol cruiser and oiling their handcuffs. Practicing their marksmanship, gettin ready for the outlaw engine assisted bicycle riders to hit the streets.
They can smell the red ink, the high dollar tickets that will be issued.
Sounds like a fairy tale. If something doesn't change we will all be in jail.
Then emails will start flyin. Maybe not its tough to type with cuffs on, behind your back?! :confused: rotfl rotfl
Norman

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Speaking of greasing up, I was working on my exerciser when I thought, Hey you have never greased the roller on your tensioner. With that fresh on my mind I pulled the roller off the tensioner. Now I haven't had this bike more than a couple of months no matter what you guys think. That hydroelectric dam bolt, the one that goes through the cheap roller, is so corroded I'm amazed that the darn wheel will even turn. I slapped a lot of grease on it and then ordered one with a bearing.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Norman and myself won't be able to ride together anymore. We'll have to ride one at a time. That way if one of us gets throwed in jail we can bail each other out. If we both wind up in jail our wives will probably conspire to leave our sorry butts in the klink.rotflrotflrotfl

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Long long ago in a galaxy far far way I was a cop.

Believe me, it had to be something that interested me to get me out of the car on a cold or rainy day. So if you are going to run illegal do it on a cold rainy day.

Otherwise I have found the bikes cause a lot of attention. You are going to get stopped if for no other reason than the cop is bored and wants to know what kind of nut you are. or maybe take a picture with his cell phone.

Now that I mention it I should see if i can get them to send a bulletin with a picture stating that Im okay.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I know I've been quiet but I'm getting in my race mode for this weekend. Hopefully I can get some pics of some bicycle racing action. So far their's only 2 of us racing. Others are going to the snow w/ the family, another has schooling, and the other got injured today riding his bike. Gotta call him tonight or tommarrow to get the 411.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I spoke to him today. He broke his collarbone and 3 ribs. It was all because of his front fender broke.

15rms

Jan 9, 2008
Norman where do you live in Texas. I live in Spring. Just north of Houston. I would like to find someone on common interest to ride with. I am having a Lightfoot rucumbent with a subaru 1.6 hp motor built for me. I should be getting it soon. let me know if you are close enough. Later.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I live in Pampa. 8 to 9 hours by car away to the north. I built a easy rider recumbent bike for fun and have stopped on it for now. To me it is a little hard to get used to. I was workin on a engine off a Robyi weed eater and have a carb problem I need a diaphragm and I'm to cheap to go buy one so the easy sits waiting with no paint or engine. have you checked out the laws as they now stand for engine assisted bicycles not good for us in Texas but no laws for gas engine assisted should mean the fed laws apply I think which everyone says we are good to go but I'm no lawyer and I'm waiting to see what can be done.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey, I just left Spring this morning. I can drive from Pampa to Spring in 9 hrs in the car. Probably take a little longer than that on the bike............

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
There seem to be a lot of custom bike builders, are there that many custom bike customers out there. I'm not going to be your competition I'm just curious.