Hello everyone!

GoldenMotor.com

webmonkey

Oct 7, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
I have been lurking in these forums for awhile and debating whether I should by an engine kit. A few days ago I finally decided to buy myself a bike kit and I went with a 80cc Chinese kit off of ebay for around $145 with shipping from Zippybike. I have wanted one ever since I was a kid. I used to see the kits in the back of Boy's Life magazine and would dream of building one. I'm excited for the project. I will be attempting the install on a early 90's GT mountain bike that has sat in my shed for the past 10 years. I was originally going to put the motor on my Electra Revil cruiser but I'm certain I will have clearance issues on the frame and on the fat rear tire. I most likely wont have time to start the project until November as my band will be on the road but I will post pictures and let you guys know my experiences!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
They normally fit standard mountain bike bars. I bought a 2 stroke China motor on Ebay and the twist throttle fit fine.

webmonkey

Oct 7, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Finally got around to get my bike running yesterday. SHE FIRED RIGHT UP!! I stripped out the stupid chain tensioner bolt and will prob. have to purchase another one. I did have one question though... when I went to get 2-stroke oil the only oil they had was a synthetic blend that worked for all ratios 16:1-64:1 I was a little hesitant but when ahead and tried it. Is it bad to use this one mixture works for all oil???

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
welcome to our humble home. good luck with the build, let us know if you need help...lot of experienced folks here are REAL helpful!. and then of course, post up some pics!

webmonkey

Oct 7, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Finally got around to get my bike running yesterday. SHE FIRED RIGHT UP!! I stripped out the stupid chain tensioner bolt and will prob. have to purchase another one. I did have one question though... when I went to get 2-stroke oil the only oil they had was a synthetic blend that worked for all ratios 16:1-64:1 I was a little hesitant but when ahead and tried it. Is it bad to use this one mixture works for all oil???
Thanks but can anyone answer this question?

webmonkey

Oct 7, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
I think your oil selection will be fine. I would recommend 20:1 for break in and 35:1 after.
that's the whole thing... old works for all ratios supposedly. you just put one little container in a gallon of gas and it is supposed to cover all ratios. Sounds a little suspicious to me but I don't know.

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
with the chain tensioner i took mine off after a little while. it was a pain and never really liked to stay in place so i took it off and cut the chain down to size. works much more smooth. the only pain with this is the chain will stretch a little later down the road so you might need cut another link off. but that is just my 2c