Love my bike

GoldenMotor.com

sheepdog31

Apr 28, 2009
Clearwater, fl
I bought my bike all ready assembled so I don't have any stories yet ,however I do have a few innovations that have gotten me some notice and a few laughs. I installed an old back up video camera on the thing and mounted the screen on the handle bars ha ha. Then I threw in a small jumper battery for power. I think I can run the lights off this thing too but not there yet. Photos attached. I am a retired fire fighter from PA now living in Jax Florida. And very dangerously innovative. Looks like a fun place. I am wondering if the white trickle might extend the battery life ha ha.

Attachments

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
Thanks a lot, Sheepdog. I was perfectly satisfied with my rear-view mirror...until now.
Replace the camera with a DVD player. That'll turn some heads. Might be a bit distracting for you, though.

No spending your golden years in a rocking chair, huh? I admire you.

sheepdog31

Apr 28, 2009
Clearwater, fl
Boy I am in the right place, ha ha. Night owl land. Don't have to sleep so why bother, right. Thanks for the replys. I am however an ametuer in the 2 cycle world but a fast learner ha ha. Actualy there was a method to my madness. I couldn;t find a mirror that was high enough and stay tight so had to improvise. I have a glare problem and am working on it. Love the animations Later, George

drn2

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Welcome sheepdog, great to read about your mods, maybe you can rig a fire engine siren, would be cool in traffic, everyone will get out your way & ya will have a clear road in front of ya to zoom past them all, you'll have the road to yourself mate

I love the idea of the DVD player, keep it happining sheepdog

sheepdog31

Apr 28, 2009
Clearwater, fl
Hey
Mr. Dan, i didn't shop for it. I have an 11 passenger van with a hitch and in PA I drove for the amish in the Harrisburg area and they had trailers so I used the camera to lign up the hitch ha ha, got it at Walmart geeze that was simple. ha ha George

sheepdog31

Apr 28, 2009
Clearwater, fl
What brake light switch, ha ha. Actually they are not bright enough for daytime use so I got 4 small clearence lights ,2 switches and a flasher and will draw power from the jumper battery. Still no word on the white wire trickle thing. May hook it up and see what happens

DasKapitan

Jul 27, 2008
Birchwood, WI
www.cetaceanmarine.com
Mine has a brake light switch that goes on the rear somehow. When you compress it the three red leds illuminate.

Don't hook that wire to your battery - it's AC. When I get my engine up and running I'll be developing a little black box for this purpose.

sheepdog31

Apr 28, 2009
Clearwater, fl
Thanks for the input , DasKapitan, I had trouble when I hooked it up. It kept beeping so I cut the wires to the beeper and just used the red light and the turn signals. I think I discarded the brake part when I saw how dim they were during the day. I have tested the clearence lights and they are plenty bright enough. Getting the things to work will be a test of my knowledge but it should work. If the white wire is ac how are the guys that are using it for lights doing that hmmmm. Have to read up on the posts that refer to that or ask my buddy gubba, he lives just down the street from me.