Big Hello to everybody from down under!

GoldenMotor.com

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
Hi, name is Eddy and would like to say G'day to my fellow bikers all over the world from Australia! I am glad to know that there is a forum about these cool bikes. I am running a 49cc Skyhawk engine on an MTB (will soon upload an avatar and picks of the bike), everything is stock except the rear sprocket which I have modded to fit a no spoke wheel. I built my first motorized bike 3 years ago when I had lost my drivers license but I got it back about a year ago and still havent stopped riding on these great little machines. Anyway, enough about me and thanks for reading my first post!

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
gday eddie.
good to see another aussie. there are a few of us now.
Be good to see ur no spoke wheel. I was lookin at making one of them but made a chopper bike instead.
Maby my next bike??
Good luck

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
Thanks for welcoming me everyone, am looking forward to hearing and learning about your builds and sharing experiences..

yeah no worries, I will show you how I built it. Its the most reliable wheel Ive ever had. I got sick of breaking spokes (and nuts!:-||) but all the work payed off and Im really enjoying my ride.wee.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man! I would have sworn in a court of law that it goes different ways in different hemispheres. But looking it up, Most folks are saying nope. Just for laughs Sydney, next time you see a flush make note of direction. Counter-clockwise here. (North America)

I give you my word, the first time I crossed the equator, I was continually flushing a toilet to test just this. (Right hand raised and my word of honer) It did in fact switch. Be scary if it was just the power of suggestion and yrs of binge drinking has altered memory and reality just to keep me amused.

Wouldn't be the first time, snork dnut

YouTube - Which way does the water drain at the Equator? This could easily be "fixed" and falsified. for the visual only

Edit; I just retested using the toilet and sink. Toilet; counter-clockwise. Sink; clockwise. Now thats just 2 funny.

So in the great words of Emily Litela: Substitute Teacher, "Never Mind"

Last edited:

Gaft

Feb 22, 2009
Hobart, Tasmania
Hi, name is Eddy and would like to say G'day to my fellow bikers all over the world from Australia! I am glad to know that there is a forum about these cool bikes. I am running a 49cc Skyhawk engine on an MTB (will soon upload an avatar and picks of the bike), everything is stock except the rear sprocket which I have modded to fit a no spoke wheel. I built my first motorized bike 3 years ago when I had lost my drivers license but I got it back about a year ago and still havent stopped riding on these great little machines. Anyway, enough about me and thanks for reading my first post!
G'day cobber. Great engine you've got there. I've had one for 2 years. 3,500 engine kms (8,500 kms on the bike) and she's still running fine. Rebuilt the spark plug thread - that's all.

Also, I'm keen to get a network of MB enthusiasts together to sort out the Aussie road regs. Drop me a line if you are interested.

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
lol Dan thats what it might be, mate I can speak from my experience of losing a few brain cells over the years ahahahaha....I agree with BB though!

Thanks Greg, sounds like a good idea.. Im in!

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
Pleased to meet ya Frank, I will soon show you how I modified the rear sprocket.. nothing to it really, just increased the diameter of the mounting hole in the centre of the sprocket by a bit so it would fit into the hub of the wheel. I then drilled holes into a small circular plate so it would attach where brake disc rotor should have gone. To offset the sprocket from touching the bottom bar of my frame, I used spacers between the plate and the sprocket. I will soon explain it in more detail with illustrations for anyone who is interested in this mod. I can tell you its well worth building it, no more buckles or broken spokes.rd.

G'day Norm, good to see a fellow 'gongster.. I'm originally from Randwick but grew up in the 'gong from '79 to '96 so I regard myself as a Wollongong boy.. have fun cruising up and down the cycleway along the coast! I miss the magnificent scenery:( One day Im gonna come down there for a ride and visit all my old buddies..There are some pretty good trails up there in the mountains too(p)