Howdy from MN!

GoldenMotor.com

Yankee John

May 11, 2015
MN
Hey! Just saying hello. Just bought a Schwinn Swindler yesterday with the intention of putting an 80cc motor on it. I left off the fenders and reflectors, and flipped the bars over to make it look like a board track racer from the turn of the century.

Hope to learn a lot here!

John

PS. Here are a couple pics of the Swindler, plus one of a couple muscle bikes that I used to own- 24" Sears Spyders.

Attachments

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum, John. We're neighbors. Perhaps not next door neighbors as Minnesota is a big state, but still neighbors. Your bike makes being swindled an attractive idea. What vintage is that? Nice springer fork... it will make a fine motored bike. You're in good company here on what I think is the best forum the internet has to offer. If you're ever up Ely way, bring your bike along and come for a ride.
SB

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Is that what they call the model, a "Swindler"? Nice looking bike, much like one Schwinn sold in the 1950's & 1960's. It has a retro look with the springer fork and hand grips. Being new, be careful of the fender mount tabs if you use the fenders.
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Welcome,yes seen them at wally world. I think they have bigger wheels then 26". That should make a nice ride. I am i Brainerd,and i think there are a couple more from MN. on the forum................Curt

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to our community, John.
Your 'Swindler' has a great look and should make a good platform for a motorized bicycle.
Keep us informed on the progres of your build. Pictures are always appreciated.

My wife and I own some property in Bemidji. We'll be up there sometime in August. I'm not sure if I'll have a bike with me but if you're near there maybe we can meet.

Tom