just starting

GoldenMotor.com

vasago

Aug 19, 2015
pittsfield mass
like so many others I am new to the motorized bike world. so far I have 2 builds under my belt, will post pics when I can.my bike runs great fully stock no mods and I reach 30 no prob esept that my china girl is screamin. what are some quick cheap mods??

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
We're glad you joined up. Now, I'm not clear on what mods you're asking for since you say that your bike is running fine. Is the problem that you just don't like the sound of your exhaust?

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I took the end cap off the stock muffler and cut through the stinger inside, taking about 3/4" out of it, then left the rest alone. It's no louder than stock but it is a simpler path for the gases to escape. I think it runs a little stronger.
The head can be replaced with a high comp head, simple and gets results, but they do cost money. The tuned pipes get good results but they are a bit more money and a fair amount of work to install and tune.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined the fun.

As for "screaming", are you referring to the high RPM of the engine at 30mph? If this is the case you might want to explore a smaller rear sprocket. It will impact your low end pulling power a little but the engine won't be revving as high at any given speed.

You didn't say what rear sprocket you currently have but many kits come with a 44T. Dropping that to a 40 or even a 36 tooth count will help with that "screaming".

Tom