Hello from Jersey

GoldenMotor.com

NeilP

Mar 1, 2011
Jersey, Channel Islands
Just signed up to the site, after seeing a link from the Endless Sphere forums

I bought a kit on e-bay at the end of last year and stuck it on my dads old Rayleigh Pioneer.

Poorly made castings etc , but it works....a good stop gap till my e-bike is up and running

Am looking out for info on a powered kit a mate has...the sort that drives the back wheel via tyre friction. It is an old factory kit...1950's...not sure of the name yet..he needs parts to get it running, I believe

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
good luck on finding parts that old keep us posted tho 4 sure i think you'll find that you like gas better than electric i started with electric and switched to gas after the batteries crapped out in the first 9 months and left me stranded quite a bit and cost a fortune to replace I love my gas bike tho

NeilP

Mar 1, 2011
Jersey, Channel Islands
Wont be able to stay with petrol though...far too illegal and noticeable over here...the petrol one is only a'stopgap' till the electric is built. it will be illegal also...but less noticeable.

If I keep riding the one above I will soon get stopped by the police ...or reported by some one...

Last edited:

NeilP

Mar 1, 2011
Jersey, Channel Islands
Well the current problem is the battery mounting.

I have 8 Turnigy Nano tech 10s liPo's and want them either side of the cross bar. Inside the triangle would be better but they are too big got that..
Have got a modded 65 amp controller and Xlyte 5304 motor, 72v at 20Ah battery.

Still need to finialze what frame yet..may have to buy one...none of the 12 or so I have seem suitable

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
NeilP, I live in staten island just over the Outerbridge. I can see Perth Amboy from my house. What part of Jersey are you in, and welcome to the forum. I never heard of channel islands.