I just got a crazy idea

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I'll see your two and raise you three! :) I can't find the original post, but I held onto these pics, because they're awesome. Triker's have a lot more room to play with(most of the time). Although you could go ht/friction/elec hubs if you don't want to go tandem...

edit-found the post:
http://motorbicycling.com/f44/3-ht-motors-trike-22358.html

Attachments

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I also saw that triple motor posting. There were a lot of comments about keeping the engines in synk for max power. However I don't care how you cut it that must be awsome! Free wheels would eliminate the engines draging each other.
It looks like the Acme twin will never be a reality(bummer) not because of the power but for the look would be great on Board trackers.
With a tandem I woulden't even worry about synking the engines. It would be a great project. Would live to see pictures.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I had that crazy idea years ago.dance1

I bought an old Schwinn Heavi Duty frame, flat-plate OCCC Happy Time mounts and two HT engines. At that time, SBP shift kits weren't made, and I ash-canned the projects.:-||

Might try it again.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I had that crazy idea years ago.dance1

I bought an old Schwinn Heavi Duty frame, flat-plate OCCC Happy Time mounts and two HT engines. At that time, SBP shift kits weren't made, and I ash-canned the projects.:-||

Might try it again.
Dam, You give up two easy(LOL)

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Dam, You give up two easy(LOL)
It was the two clutch levers, two brake levers and two throttle levers ANNND the engines' width that stymied me.

So I blew through twin-engine(3hp each) friction drives, then 5hp friction drive, then finally 5hp frame-mount shift kit.dance1

Not a quitter; I just chose easier paths to power and high speed, lol.xct2