In Limbo

GoldenMotor.com

midnight_rider

Aug 2, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Well as a few of you know , I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago and handed some offences

TheRecord.com - Local - Motorized bike rider left with a fine mess

Since then I have heard a ton of bikes still buzzing around... me on the other hand has only put on about 10 kilometers since then and have put any other modifications on hold.

It's a real bummer when you see and hear them and feel like I'm a grounded son that did something wrong. but feels that I did absolutely NOTHING wrong and want to be a total rebel now with the situation...What should I do ??? lay it down till the court matter comes up in November and lose out on the rest of the riding season or chance getting pulled over again and handed more fines and a no insurance fine.. or keep on riding hoping for the best... I'm an eagle with cut wings and it really sucks.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Oh my God! That sucks! Fight it for sure. How are we supposed to have registration/insurance if they won't register/insure it? Have a read through this thread: http://motorbicycling.com/f17/ontario-canada-mto-info-6044.html , Rockenstein & The WANDERER(especially) make some good points for you to bring up in court. There was one example of someone able to register his bike through a form, and insure it. But after an accident the insurance company proved that it wasn't actually a motorized vehicle so they wouldn't have to pay. There's gotta be case laws already in Ontario, or something similar.

You should pm them for advice!

The mto and hta are too vague anyway, technically they're not legal or specifically illegal by current standards. I'd plead ignorance if anything. I've tried to register my bike in Kitchener(i'm in Wallaceburg nowadays) and they told me they can't, and just to ride it.

Can I ask why the Officer stopped you? Doing a wheely or something? heh heh. I've driven past many cops too, and they just check it out and move on.

Good luck Mark.

midnight_rider

Aug 2, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Thanks,... I dont have a clue why he pulled me over, I was obeying the laws .. there was another officer that pulled up and i noticed he had 3 stripes and he liked the bike !! he wished me good luck and left... it's all on the officers in their cars discretion... like the paper stated I passed by and been passed by a number of cruisers and I was shocked when i heard 3 blips to pull over.

Roadwarrior

Apr 23, 2010
Ontario
Thanks,... I dont have a clue why he pulled me over, I was obeying the laws .. there was another officer that pulled up and i noticed he had 3 stripes and he liked the bike !! he wished me good luck and left... it's all on the officers in their cars discretion... like the paper stated I passed by and been passed by a number of cruisers and I was shocked when i heard 3 blips to pull over.
Does the tuned pipe make your bike louder? My guess is you happened apon a prick cop, and when he saw the pipe he had visions of you doing 80 km/h down a sidewalk and pulled you over. Once he sawthat you had a suspendid licence you were screwed. A prick wants nothing more than to kick aguy who is down.

$1000 fines care me..... I may have to curb my desire to ride arround on my motorbike

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Holly smokes.Bagging you for all of that before a warning in my opinion is pretty harsh to say the least.
Based on my experiences with the cops,if your not acting like a dubb and you kinda kiss their butt a little they'll give you a warning and send you on your way.
The whole industry and enthuiest need to organize and reach some Legal common ground with the athorities so that we can saftly and legally ride our motorized bicycles on the streets without the fear of being hasseled by a cop with a wild hair across his butt!
In this day and age motorized bicycles offer a very important alternative to riding to the grocery store in your car to get a gallon of milk,or commuting in you car twenty miles both ways 5 days a week to work,in a gas guzzler.
That's my opinion!I welcome yours!

midnight_rider

Aug 2, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Does the tuned pipe make your bike louder? My guess is you happened apon a prick cop, and when he saw the pipe he had visions of you doing 80 km/h down a sidewalk and pulled you over. Once he sawthat you had a suspendid licence you were screwed. A prick wants nothing more than to kick aguy who is down.

$1000 fines care me..... I may have to curb my desire to ride arround on my motorbike
Yes it is louder than stock... he was just being a prick... like I say the sargent was really cool with it and wished me luck

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
huh what town and state you in, I took mine down to the local Salem Oregon police station and I was told it was perfectly legal they said the norm; under 49cc and pedal assist and it stays legal for anyone over 16