Maine / Holland question.

GoldenMotor.com

mem

May 22, 2010
bangor
Hello all,
I live in Maine, formerly from Holland so been on a bike my whole life.
I am interested in buying a motorized bike, not building one, not an engineer or mecahnically inclined.
I would like an opinion what to get and where.

Where in Maine ( or have it send ) would be a good place to go and which is best.
I would like a beach cruiser, and want to be able to have a seat low enough to put my feet on the ground.
Am a 5/4 female
want a back seat on it
and must have rear brakes included ( as in back breaking with foot )
As quiet as possible
Not interested in electric, only because I need to go over 30 miles sometimes and do not always have a electric hook up.
So would like opinions on which one to buy 2 or 4 stroke ?
Not too expensive please.
Have at it please and thank you
Mem.cs.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Mem, welcome. I would suggest a 4 stroke. More power and speed with the stock kits and they have a more pleasing sound for cruising. Also no mixing oil is easier for long rides. Also for a 30 mile ride suspension and comfort should be considered.

These things are a blast and get crazy, good gas mileage. Post lots of pics!

mem

May 22, 2010
bangor
Thank you all for the friendly replies and advice.
Love the video Dan...:)
I have an old, antique ( regular ) beach bike cruiser now, which I ride all the time and a motorized one will be a great addition.

Its a beautiful Sunday and am looking forward to riding my own
Again thanks a lot
Mem

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hello Mem,
Welcome to the forum. I'd also suggest the 4 stroke even though I use just 2 strokes. I think you will have less maintenance/ tinkering with the 4 stroke setup. Initially it will cost you more, but since you are not mechanically inclined the four will give you more of a get on it and go type of ride. I'm wondering if one of the four stroke vendors could send you an assembled bike, even a used one they have that has proven it's reliability. Another possibility would be for one of the forum members in your area to build a bike for you using the bike you choose and the engine you prefer. I wonder if there is an EZ dealer anywhere near you? That Qmatic looks pretty bullet proof and buying from a dealer would give you someone to come back to if any problems develop. I'm guessing the dealers BarelyAWake mentioned do 2 strokes, but they are sure worth checking out. One of them might be willing to do a custom build for you (I don't mean fancy or anything... just the bike and drive system of your choice if it is 4 stroke. I wonder if a 24" bike would be a better size for you. It would leave less room for the motor, but put you closer to the ground. Good luck and please let us know what you do.
SB