looking for suggestions and advice

GoldenMotor.com

jamesfjacobsen

Aug 29, 2009
st. louis
to start I'll say, I'm a bicyclist.
yesterday I ordered a 80cc kit. my first. it won't fit my current cycle tho. now I'm scurrying to find something to install it on. lookin at walmart beach bikes. any good? honestly, I've never even seen a power bicycle before. so, any advice would be helpful.:-||

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
Get a multispeed bike with 26" tires. It should fit you well and you should be able to pedal it comfortably.

Either a cruiser type or mountain bike, whatever fits your style.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Any 'V' frame bike, preferably a 26" men's bike(no rear suspension) will be your best bet for a first build. Many of the cruiser style frames will require a little fabrication in the front motor mount area due to the 'S' shape of the down tube and sometimes oversized tubing. With that said, the cruisers with the fatter tires will give you a better ride than a thin tire road bike. Mountain bikes, especially the type with standard diameter tubing as opposed to the high end exotics are also a good choice. If you're interested in a used bike instead of starting with a new one, check your local Goodwill stores for great deals. Craig's List can also be a source but watch out for the scammers. Buy from a local seller only and don't send money to someone you don't know for an unseen bike.
Tom