Free Stuff is Cool!

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
A guy I work with rescued this Schwinn from the dumpster this morning for me and after a few minutes of work I have some HD fenders and a chrome piece of bling for my Cranbrook. .wee.

Also found a kids seat sitting by another dumpster this afternoon and when I went to toss it in I noticed that the seat part was attached to basically a rear rack. Unbolted the seat from the rack and tossed the seat. The deck of the rack is plastic so I'm thinking of ditching that, using the hardware and making a deck out of some oak I have laying around.

Attachments

af0h

Aug 15, 2009
Park Hills, MO
Cool. It's amazing what people throw away all of the time. Hardest
part is being in the right place at the right time.

A little cleaning/polishing/painting and you're good to go.

Those fenders have to be much better than the ones that came with
the Cranbrook - mine were'nt worth a crap.

af0h - Rob

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Funny thing is after sanding down the front fender to bare metal I actually found BONDO!

Someone in the past really spent some time prepping it for paint because there's little dots of filler all over the place. Used to have a headlight too, found where they brazed the holes closed.

Seems like a lot of work for a girl's bike. rotfl

af0h

Aug 15, 2009
Park Hills, MO
Oh well, price is still right. Who knows what someone originally had in mind. Maybe gave up on a complete resto.....

Anyway, being in that condition - should be easy to prep and paint.

Good Luck.

af0h - Rob

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I watch the garage sales too. I got a schwinn 2.1 for 4 dollars the other day. It was in pretty bad shape but got a 7 speed twist shifter I needed. It had a nice stem and front wheel. I tossed most of the rest but the cost of buying that shifter alone was way more than 4 bucks.