Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
For Annie, but other could enjoy, too...
A few photos of "Zeppelin-type" micro-car named Kaiser Stromlinien Wagen from 1935... Maybe body is covered in metalized fabric?
Ciao,
Zoran
P.S.: My old dilemma - is aerodynamic shell important for low powered (pedals and small engine/motor) vehicle, with cruising speeds around 20 MPH ~ 32 km/hour?
Oh my that Kaiser Stromlinien is just so cool. Thank you Zoran :)

And those lovely scans from the velocar book they are sooooooo clear and beautiful they almost bring a tear to my eye from sheer joy.......

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
Found an old favourite in my archives. Unfortunately despite much searching I haven't been able to find out any more information about this little car.

Annie,
Similar fabric-covered body of light car - velocar :confused:.
This one is 1929 Zaschka... Could be dismantled in a few components - but, I am not sure for what practical purpose! Too much complication for too less benefits.
Ciao,
Zoran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDjMssb6Vo8#t=107

Attachments

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Annie,
Similar fabric-covered body of light car - velocar :confused:.
This one is 1929 Zaschka... Could be dismantled in a few components - but, I am not sure for what practical purpose! Too much complication for too less benefits.
Ciao,
Zoran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDjMssb6Vo8#t=107
Because most people didn't have access to garaging there were many ideas for folding cars and sidecar outfits to enable them to be taken inside a house through a normal doorway and parked in the hall.

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Hello there,
Annie and Ludwig - you found excellent cycle-cars on excellent web-site.

There is something strange about those original black/white photographs of cycle-cars: reason for use of that white blankets that workers kept behind cars! That could be seen on many photos of various models of various companies. Can understand that from photo fashion or technique or esthetic, but then - why they didn't cut workers and surrounding around those blankets? Like as I did on attached photo? (excellent cycle-car for velocar!)...
Then, why somebody collected all those photos from past, that were published in period magazines, and put own copyright water-sign on them? For sure that this "stilltmecollection.co.uk" are not authors of all photos they put on Photo-bucket? That is just general question for many of such authorized "collections"...

Ciao,
Zoran
P.S.: Curt, couldn't opened your web-address, but I saw that ta another thread where you posted it! Maybe in this form it would opened easily:

http://megadeluxe.com/design/mercede...h-hybrid-drive

Excellent big wheels! Just – how to make them?

Attachments

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I think the pictures were simply the originals, and it was felt to be interesting to see how the old "white background" pictures were done.

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Hello there,​
For all the boys and girls present here in Forum, I wish the best of happiness, good health, joy and love - for Christmas Eve and for New Year Eve! Let spent those holidays in best company of dear persons, with enough of food and booze... The same I wish you for entire 2015 year, and later we shall see... Happy and long Summer for people on South hemisphere - happy and short Winter for the rest of us - starting today if I am not wrong!

Nice and clean or bumpy, dusty, moody roads for drivers of small motorised vehicles with pedals, pleasant time in workshops for builders, good place at gallery for - watchers!

Ciao,
Zoran​

Attachments

Last edited: