Thoughts on a Worksman M2300

GoldenMotor.com

aeronca

Nov 7, 2010
WASHINGTON STATE
Howdy all - I was hoping to get some opinions and ideas from you guy's. As you can tell I'm new here, and this is my first build, so take an easy on me. Tonight I finally got a frame, though not exactly the one I wanted, but I think it should work out. It's a Worksman M2300. Has any one built a board tracker using one these???

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
aeronca, That's the frame I am modifying, and I think other than the top tube the frame is the same as the newsboy frame that sportscarpat is modifying and selling. I am putting a 4-stroke engine in mine and it has required pretty drastic modification and if you look at what Pat is doing with the 2-strokes he is putting in them it's a good bit of frame modification. It seems that maybe someone has been able to put a slant head 2-stroke in one, but you'll have to look back through the forum and see. But, you have a real nice bike and they aren't cheap. If you decide not to use it someone on the forum would probably be interested in it. Dan

aeronca

Nov 7, 2010
WASHINGTON STATE
Thanks Tinsmith, I was thinking of the slant head engine my self. Last night at work I fabed up a tank (part way) out of aluminium, might build another one - not to happy with the thickness of material I used. I'll try and get some photo's of the progress.

MarkV

Jun 14, 2010
Austin, Texas

aeronca

Nov 7, 2010
WASHINGTON STATE
Thanks markV, and sorry, no more bike's in the trash. they actually chucked them out 2 years ago, but a friend was working that day they did it, and snagged 4 frames, and 2 trikes. it took a while to talk him out of this one, but i'll let him know theres a lot of intrest on this site.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
You could make a cool board track bike with that frame. All you would need to do it cut and lengthen the rear chain stays and seat stays so your tires are around 20"-22" apart inside to inside and you will have the stance you need. The tank will be the most challenging thing you do, but it's very satisfying when your are done.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I put a slant head china girl in an unmodified frame on a newsboy. It 3as a tight fit and required using an offset intake manifold so the carb would clear. Somewhere on here there's a thread for Silverbear's Worksman cruiser.
SB

MarkV

Jun 14, 2010
Austin, Texas
I put a slant head china girl in an unmodified frame on a newsboy. It 3as a tight fit and required using an offset intake manifold so the carb would clear. Somewhere on here there's a thread for Silverbear's Worksman cruiser.
SB
I had the same issues on my Worksman Newsboy. Rather than find an offset intake, I just rotated my carburetor about 10 degrees so that the throttle cable coming out of the top will clear the bike frame. So far I have not noticed any effect on engine performance.

PS - I also reversed the head on my engine for additional clearance at the spark plug. That was also an easy fix - just four bolts.

MarkV

aeronca

Nov 7, 2010
WASHINGTON STATE
great info - thanks. i still would'nt mind doing a drop loop, but i really dont want to add any length to the frame - we'll see as time goes on. i'll fab up a tank this week at work, but thats about it for a little while - i have to put my triumph in the shop. i'll post a pic of the tank in progress. thanks to all.