A pair of board trackers

GoldenMotor.com

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
These two bikes are awesome. The aging effects you do are unparalleled. If I had them I would put them in the house as fraking furniture so I could look at them everyday. Did anyone see the George Clooney film called "Leatherheads"? It came out a year or so ago. About the start of American Football. Anyway, there is a scene where the leading lady rides up on a 1918 Harley Davidson w/sidecar and picks up George Clooney and they ride. The bike in the film (there were 3 of them, two for back-up) were replicas that were the splitting image of the original thing and they were electric so the sound of the engine wouldn't mess up the actors audio, and proper engine sound was dubbed in later. Anyway, these two bikes remind me of Hollywood prop bikes. You should try to get into the business of props because you are good.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Thanks for the compliments on our first build. All our work is custom and timely considered. If you think yours is better and some reason have a problem with what someone paid for them. I would like to see what your bike looks like. Thanks bros.
i think it's awesome what someone paid for those. i'd love to see more people paying for custom work, instead of complaining about how much everything costs.

you can see my bikes all over this forum.

as a first build, they're pretty amazing. my only gripes were the use of the crappy stock motor kit parts. looks out of place on your bikes. there's a ton of mounting methods allover this forum you can get ideas from.

don't think of it as me knocking your bikes, think of it as constructive criticism...

ruppster

Mar 3, 2010
maine
Thanks for the compliments on our first build. All our work is custom and timely considered. If you think yours is better and some reason have a problem with what someone paid for them. I would like to see what your bike looks like. Thanks bros.
Rustyracer, It's rare to see these bikes fetch what you got for yours. Good for you!
Maybe it was wrong to say the one thing or another didn't look right but it wasn't said to be hateful. It's just that when you see someone go through such extremes on a build you usually won't see a stock motor mount or rag joint. Look at it this way, your bikes stood out enough to get all this attention. Those were awesome bikes! Be proud ,I would be. Brian

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I really don't see any issues with the use of the stock parts at all, look at it this way...no additional money was spent on extra parts and he still got a prime price for the bikes...so who cares...Those fricken bikes ROCK...

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
My bikes have been posted on the forum in the past. I do this solely as a hobby and history buff and as a result my bikes are built to please myself and I have helped some of my friends build tribute bikes. "BETTER" is a relative term. I don't have a problem with what someone paid for them either, I just pointed out that the members on this forum could build as good as bikes for a lot less than what those bikes went for at "retail", I did it to encourage the people on this forum to not be impressed with the "art" of the bikes (which is impressive--not to my taste--but still impressive) but look more closely at the bikes construction. The general public, especially on Ebay will often pay more for less, especially for "art". I know of at least one builder that has built is building bikes that are extremely high quality and beauty and will probably be going I assume for a lot more than what these bikes go for. While I can't afford one and can't build one comparable I can still appreciate the effort....even though I can opine the cookie cutter procedures that often get into building a number of bikes and the lack of variety....me, I like something new in each bike, but that is because I am a hobbyist, not into the commercial aspect.

kojak

Feb 2, 2011
I love the bikes; congrats on the sale.

My plan was to add a vintage patina to my ride at some point and these have inspired me to start practicing.

[email protected]

Jan 7, 2011
california
LOOKS A LOT LIKE THE BIKE I BUILT MYSELF FOR UNDER 600.00 AND A LOT OF WORK SO I'M NOT NOCKING THE BIKES BUT AGREE FOR THAT PRICE I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A FRANKO MORINI 9.4 HP NOT 120.00 SPECIAL AND I BELIEVE IT HAS A NICE PATINA BUT NOT AS IMPORTENT AS RELIABILTY SO I'M SAVING FOR THE BEST I CAN BUY BUT INTILL THAT DAY I MUST RIDE JUST POSTED PICTURES TODAY, SEARCH ''FIRST BUILD CHECK OUT MY WORKSMAN" pretty simular if u ask me

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I checked a bid history and there were about 9 various bidders with the bidding going up to $2400 and then a final bidder that just used the Buy it now feature for $5K. Maybe someone with a nice tax refund or just someone wealthy looking for a display piece.

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
I checked a bid history and there were about 9 various bidders with the bidding going up to $2400 and then a final bidder that just used the Buy it now feature for $5K. Maybe someone with a nice tax refund or just someone wealthy looking for a display piece.
Not an excessive amount for a retail buyer when one thinks about it. A business could also buy the pair and get a deduction for advertising and or depreciate them taxwise. I commented earlier and got bit a little for stating that forum members could build similar bikes a lot cheaper but that is technically wholesale where you don't count own labor (or profit) in. If you want a nice head turning bike you can do so for yourself about 750-1K (even with a loop frame), we all know that, and if you want something not quite so good, well 500 bucks is still going to get something more than just a bike with a motor on it. But when you start thinking about selling your brand new creation you are going to have to mark it up to take into account labor and profit if it is not your own labor. So to a person that just wants your bike at a retail price you are talking probably 1500. Put more glitz on it, like welded tanks, looped frame, custom paint job (powder coat or antiquted finish), little details to make it more realistic looking close up, 2000-2500 for retail is not at all out of the question and I we have seen some folks marketing mass produced bikes for more than that. To me the trend should start being that these bikes are going to get much cheaper once the new techniques become more commonplace. That is what usually happens as hobbies mature. My first bike cost me more to build than my second which was a marked improvement over the first. For just a bit more I am going to be able to build my third bike significantly better (with three times the hp!). In the beginning I almost bought a complete really nice bike for 2K, but now I have two that I have built for less than that and am having a ball with them. To me the fun challenge is building a bike better than the one I previously built and also encourage my friends to make them too. Building is fun, riding is fun, but building, sharing, and riding with friends is the most fun. I get as much kick in watching my friends ride my bikes as I do riding them myself. Hope to have some good video at our next airfair of some group riding.

vintage97302

Feb 3, 2011
Salem, Oregon
Who really cares how much they went for ( beyond the sellers and buyer ) they are awesome bikes!!! I would like to know how the aging was done on the paint.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I think it's interesting to know the price of sale and build of any bike for those of us who might be selling either a cruiser or btr, give's ya a better idea of how much your bike is worth, apperaisel (could get), value($$$), after everything is said and done. Since there is no real apperaisel orginization for Motorized Bicycles, Yha! I get what saying " $$ value is between seller & buyer" We all know you can buy Wally World bike for $119.oo and a cheap 49cc engine for $120.oo then turn around and strip the lawn mower for extra parts,upt it on the e-net and get $500.oo but what are those bikes really worth that have a lot of thought and effort put into them.