Boardtrack Racing Bars Revision 2

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I have been building board track racing style bars for awhile now and have been running them on my personal bikes as well. This particular set of bars is just a different bend. So far I like the look and feel and now just need to mount them up to one of my builds. These have a more vintage Indian look to them with the drop center section. Enjoy the pictures!

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Man those are nice!!!! Will you be selling those ?
Cheers
If I advertise the thread gets pulled. You have my email address. By the way I just welded the s*it out of your Monark forks. Nothing like the smell of burning powder coat! Not to worry, you'll never know the difference........ Off to the LBS for a 1" donar seat post, after that I think I'll cut a few of these Worksman frames in half. Why did they they make them so short, anyway? And what's up with that down tube? You would think they could've put a little loop in it. Seems like all I do sometimes is fix things. Now, where did I leave that cut-off wheel............

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Not asking for anyone to post an advertisement, but can anyone post a Link for Pats website?

Being that he's one of the foremost builders here in the forum for vintage style parts,
ie you name it Vintage & Board Track style builds, and many accessories for them such as Frames, Forks, Tanks, Handlebars, Seats & Seat Posts, in frame Tool Boxes,
or his complete vintage road style builds like the ( Sportsman Flyer ), or his new soon to be released Sportsman Board Track style builds! I cannot confirm or deny that Pat is currently building or has built these new Worksman News Boy modified drop loop frame board track racer style builds just a guess on my part!

At least rumor has it that Pat has some worksman industrial news boy cruisers, with the frames modified to period correct drop loop frames, as tribute board track racer's or Sportsman Board Track Racer's.

Pat, thank you for all you do for those of us who love the vintage style builds, you just keep raising the bar for this style or genre of motorized bicycling. JMO!

Peace Crazy Horse.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Crazyhorse,
Thanks for the support and encouragement. I do have some things going on right now, but I am still a few weeks away from any solid proof of that. Current plans are for three models. The base model will be the standard Sportsman Flyer, which is a slightly modified Worksman INB frame with all my standard goodies as seen on Flyer #1. Next up is a non-stretched loop model which will give much more room for the typical two stroke engine and will also fit the four stroke bicycle engine kits. After that comes the full stretch and loop frame kit. This model will only be available as a package deal with a 4" stretch frame with loop, stretched gas tank, oil tank/tool box and reinforced springer fork. This top of the line model will be configured for the 9.4 hp Morini two stroke with welded in motor mounts, or in a non Morini configuration without mounts. Morini configurations will also be 130mm rear frame width with moped style drum brake rear hub. Availability will always be limited and numbered build certificates will be issued with each frame. So there you have it, just the facts. Web site is not finalized but the address is -: S P O R T S M A N F L Y E R :-.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Teaser photo from the "Flyer Factory". You can adjust these bars at five different points to get comfy. What's up with that rear hub? Frame looks pretty wide, too.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
"SWEET"

Ya Gotta Love Those Kustom Bar's and just look at that worksman it's incredible!

W'oh, thats gonna be a big-un that is one thick Hub & back tire looks like it will be a big-un Too!

Nice professional ART work their Pat.

And as always thanks for the Teaser Pic's!

Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I'm more interested in the frame jig on the floor...!!!

McHaggis, now I know that you too scan the whole picture too!

That's Pat, something that he likes to do knowingly or not, he will have put things in his pictures knowingly or not to see if we have what I like to call eagles eye. I'd like to think Pat put's lil extra's in his pictures as teaser's for those of us who admire his work, so every time you look at one of Pat's pictures always remember to scan it thoroughly and see what is hidden in plain sight!

Many Artist's do this in their ArtWork, knowingly or not, it's up to the eye of the beholder to catch it!

Peace Crazy Horse.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Interesting ,stretching the rear stays out,that would benefit a lot of the builds eliminating the idler used to clear the narrow factory stay design

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Dude!!! What did you do to my frame?

I told you the yellow one was mine and now look at, it's all chopped up! Thats no way to treat family. I'm telling Mom!

ps Do you think they'll figure out that you're building motorized unicycles?

Last edited: