Low top speed for first run. Help pls.

GoldenMotor.com

Mo'Beffah

Mar 17, 2010
Hawaii
So the engine started up nicely. Had some chain issues but I got most of that taken care of. The idle has gotten better within the first couple times riding it. But the throttle is only best at slight twist. At halfway pull and up it almost backs off. Is this normal warm-up issues. I would say I get mAybe 15 mph's tops. It's getting adequate fuel too. Any quick mods too do? I went serching but couldn't find anything helping my issues. Thanks.

Last edited:

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Just remember that up is choke on and down is choke off.
If its cold start with the choke on 3/4 i usually putt around for about halve mile with the choke on then turn it off keeping throttle inputs low to medium for another mile and it should be at opperating temps.

On a different note try lifting the back of the bike and spinning the wheel does it keep on spinning?

Last edited:

Mo'Beffah

Mar 17, 2010
Hawaii
So that was mean. Flying around the neighborhood. Thank for the help. So it's the light plastic lever right. At up it started fine but it almost felt like turning it all the wAy down and then past tht a quarter turn was better running than just down. Does it tighten more or is down the best way to run it after wArm up?

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
So that was mean. Flying around the neighborhood. Thank for the help. So it's the light plastic lever right. At up it started fine but it almost felt like turning it all the wAy down and then past tht a quarter turn was better running than just down. Does it tighten more or is down the best way to run it after wArm up?
The choke lever is on the right side of the carb between the filter and the carb body im not sure what they look like now but they use to be steel, anyway once its warm lever down as far as it will go.
If you take the air filter off you will see the choke mechanisms opperation.