Phantom parts

GoldenMotor.com

ishman

May 19, 2014
Michigan
Has Phantom Bikes stopped selling parts online for good? A few weeks ago I had no problem pulling up their parts menu, but now it is not available. I just bought an HF144 / 4G combo for my Townie and would like a nice long/low pipe for it, but now you can click the parts icon all you want, but no luck.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I saw them also for when a normal price is like 170.00, they must of been liquidating, or other? I was suspicious as to why so low, seemed too good to be true, and I steer clear. The no reply on a inquiry to buy says it all.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
They had replied once, but when I called back to place my order, no answer. They were indeed getting rid of the forks on clearance, but dude never mentioned that they were going out of business. Oh well I'll just call Lynn and give her my money, she's friendlier anyway.

ishman

May 19, 2014
Michigan
Weird, why wouldnt you take a sales call. Must be too busy filling orders for "fleets

Sorry for duplicate! Ish.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
There's to many crooks in this particular market for me to stress to hard. There's a few good folks out there that I feel I can trust. Funny seems the best companies, currently have the worst websites! Look at ThatsDax, Custommotoredbicycles, and SBP! My word those pages are archaic in comparison to the ease of shopping and user friendly format of Evil Gasbike! Beware SpookyTooth cycles, they'll send you bikeberry junk and not even have the decency to try to cover it up! Bike berry billed my card, and SpookyTooth left their tag in the box, I've still got it! I didn't think to check my card till the package came in, had I done so before hand I might have canceled the order. I don't dare try to return it, for fear SpookyTooth has similar policies to bikeberry.

Bikeberry, gasbike, and kingsmotors are all currently ripping off the Master Mechanic hub adapter, and universal motor mount, and that's just what I know of off the top of my head. I believe they've also knocked off the fredhead, and the Dax gearbox, all of these are patented products, and I've been made to believe there is litigation in progress. It is my impression that any part found on those websites can be found elsewhere in higher quality and only a little more cost.
I'll by my parts from folks who'll take the time to talk with me, and I mean more than just business, but conversational small talk, people who want to build a rapport with their customers. I'm proud to recommend Duane, he's a great guy, who builds great ChinaGirls, and I look forward to doing business with Lynn, rather than just picking her brain. Phantom Bikes had the opportunity for a loyal customer, now my friends, Duane, Lynn, and George will get all my parts money for the foreseeable future, if only because I know their names, and talk to the same people every time I call.
Sorry rant over!

ishman

May 19, 2014
Michigan
Thank you very much for the rant Mr. Monster as this is how we learn. Yeah, Phantom bikes site is one of the slickest websites out there. Oh, he still has the link to his spot on Leno up and working and the link to his very expensive bikes, but within the last month or so, he has disabled access to his parts menu. Bummer for me since I have an affinity for the pipes he makes, plus all the other outlets that sell decent looking units are all out of stock too, I have looked everywhere. It looks as though I will have to get by with the little black box for a while anyway.

Ish

ishman

May 19, 2014
Michigan
Well, I got an answer to my email to Phantom bikes that said:
"Sorry we no longer sell parts. The Phantom Bike Team"

So that is that. Looks like I am probably going to have to learn to make a nice exhaust pipe by,and for myself.

Ish
:-||

CycleRyder

Jun 23, 2017
They used to have a parts page back in 2015 but looks like it has since been removed. Real bummer to. They had some good stuff on their parts page. Bought a good fuel filter & their extra wide crank adapter that lets me use the stock pedal chain ring.

Wish they still sold parts. Nobody wants to spend $1,200 to $3,000 on a motorized bike. Thats just a criminally insane asking price IMO especially for a bike using a Chinese engine & mostly Chinese parts. Staton Inc. makes some of the best friction drive kits sold in the US but the most expencive kit they have/had is at most $600 to $700. Nowhere near what Phantom Bikes is asking for those china gas bikes & kits.

It would seem the lack of individule parts avalable for sale could mean the vendor wants to sell them with complete kits only (boooo)

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
IMG_3279.JPG
IMG_3395.JPG
They stopped selling parts awhile ago which I don't blame them due to many clones being built and called an original Phantom. The trend for them now is the Ebike version which I think is a solid bike for the price, plus it looks great.

We own a couple real Phantom bikes and use them to scoot around town, I must say: most solid bike around, great parts, great engine mount, cool exhaust and the drive system is awesome.I do not see anything wrong with the asking price of $2400 for what you get.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
they used to truck some to me for repairs & suchlike when they still did 2-strokes - later, they decided to go with electrics and their 4-stroke mechanic left since they were not doing repairs anymore