New 4 Stroke Kit Questions

GoldenMotor.com

theaceinthehole

Aug 14, 2014
San Jose
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to motorized bikes, I have read a lot about them though and I had a few questions before I decide to jump the gun and buy a kit. I noticed there is a new 7G kit being offered 100$ less than the usual 4 stroke kit so that is the kit I'm currently leaning towards. A few people have said to avoid kingsmotorbikes so I was wondering if they are a trustworthy place to purchase the kit from in the first place? Also the transmission appears to be very similar to a 4g t-belt, I read that these were a bit problematic, but that the one way bearing issue had been resolved. I couldn't find any information about the oillite bushing being fixed, and whether this kit would have the updated transmission w/out the one way bearing, so any info on that would be much appreciated. Also, in the picture of the ad they only show the cranks, and none of the other parts that usually come with the wide pedal cranks, does anyone know if those parts will be included, but they were just not shown? Finally (Sorry for so many questions), if the t-belt turns out to be a piece of junk, the Q-matic drive will fit properly without any special adapters, correct? Since the HS engine is the 5/8 keyed shaft, not the tapered.

For those unaware, this is the kit I'm referring to

https://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/ghost-racer-4-stroke-kit.html?scart_affiliate_id=168

Last edited:

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
as far as i know, no one has one of these 7g kits yet, I heard they are either on the dock waiting to clear customs,or are still on the ship in route to the dock. So its going to be rather hard to know what to expect till someone gets their hands on one.

A few people have told me that most likely it will be the same as a grubee 4g t-belt skyhawk 4 stroke kit minus the "branding" of the grubee name.

Also, from what ive been told, the 4G or t-belt drive is not as problematic as the older trannys that came out like the gear or chain driven ones. But the EZM Qmatic has a good reputation to being reliable and better in every way over the 4g t-belt design.

Either way, i wouldnt just expect the t-belt to ruin your build, check it out for yourself,and if the kit turns out to be a 5/8 shaft and your unhappy with it,then jump in for the Qmatic.

theaceinthehole

Aug 14, 2014
San Jose
The only thing that worries me though is that it isn't an actual 4G transmission, it is sort of a knockoff even if it is the same design I feel like it might not be held to the same quality standards as a true 4G, but worse comes to worst I'll just shell out a few hundred after the 7G tranny craps out and try the qmatic. Your bike is pretty sweet btw, I like the cut out case on your 4G. Has it given you any problems since you built it?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
And regular engine oil changes are a key to success in engine longevity. Have a good fun build and take your time thinking two steps ahead as you go.

You won't be sorry.....you'll be cruisin' for many, many miles.

.wee.

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
And regular engine oil changes are a key to success in engine longevity.

.wee.
an using diesel engine oil from the start will help keep the insides clean along with scotto's advice above.
yes, yes you can use diesel engine oil in a gas (petrol) engine

(this part wasn't to you scotto just more info for the OP)