1939 indian cruiser bicycle - $600 (scappoose, OR)

GoldenMotor.com

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
This isn't my bike so don't ask me...I just saw it on CL and thought it looked cool and thought I'd share with everyone...

i was told this was a 1939 indian frame and this is how it ended. not sure what frame is for sure but is pre-war with rear drop outs and luged frame. great ride or show. $600.00 360-771-0343

...anybody know what this is or the date of it?

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
that's a worksman frame. the bars are cheap cruiser bars that hit you in the knees when you turn. the pedals have reflectors, which became a law in 1976, i think. BMX solid sprocket, repro hairpin seat, fiberglass fenders from ebay.

that's about all i can make out from the pictures.

the oldest thing on that bike is probably the guy who rides it.

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
yeah you usually can tell when someones trying to pull a fast one...they say things like "I was told" or "not sure" about this or that. Trying to play dumb so they can sell it for more... anyway I knew somebody would know just by those pics. Thanks bairdco!

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
no prob, that's what i'm here for...

but honestly, if you were to build a bike like that, it'd probably cost you 600 bucks. i dunno why some people have to make it into something it's not. i mean, if i made that bike, i'd be proud to say, "hey, i made this..."

well, maybe not that bike, but y'know what i'm sayin'...

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
This isn't my bike so don't ask me...I just saw it on CL and thought it looked cool and thought I'd share with everyone...

i was told this was a 1939 indian frame and this is how it ended. not sure what frame is for sure but is pre-war with rear drop outs and luged frame. great ride or show. $600.00 360-771-0343

...anybody know what this is or the date of it?
Cool bike, I'd buy it and put a Motor kit on there. Not sure if it's actually that old? Still cool set up.

exavid

Dec 12, 2009
Medford, OR
The nice thing about the ersatz Indian is that you could put a motor on it, it would be sacrilege to do that to an actual Indian bike. I've always hated seeing Ford Model Ts and As made into hot rods. There are so few left compared to when I was a kid.

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
Cool bike, I'd buy it and put a Motor kit on there. Not sure if it's actually that old? Still cool set up.
read my first post. it's a worksman. mid 1970's, at the oldest. i think that's when they started making cruisers (totally unsure of that, i've just never seen any older ones...)

it would look cool with a motor, but it ain't no '39.

i should know. i've got 4 Colson bikes, and the youngest was made in 39.

charliechaindrive

Sep 3, 2011
minnesota
Yea ifot was a real indian bicycle I don't think it would demand anything less than a acme v twin or a cherokee vee twin. And to have a faux tank made same as the other