The POed Wasp

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Since my wife is at the beach with our daughter and the grand kids, I am riding my WW bike everywhere I go. It had been doing quite well. The current one is truly a WW ryobi engine mounted on the rear of a 20" bmx. Other than the engine the only modification is a long seat post with a cruiser seat on top of it. The handlebars are higher because I had a larger set laying around the shop. It has a single cruiser brake on the rear nothing special at all.

But as I was riding home I got to thinking.not a lot of people build or ride these little beasts but the little 2cycle motor under 40 or so cc needs a name. When one says China Girl one knows what it is. Everyone knows a mountain bike or a cruiser. A board track racer or even a rat rod. But the smaller engine bike isn't necessarily a weed whacker. It can be a blower or even a water pump engine. So I propose a new designation for smaller louder bikes. For my own use I am going to dub all my small bikes WASP. It's the noise they make, and even their tenacity.

So I am going down to make a picture of my WASP as it sits now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is probably the simplest most basic motor bike I have built lately. BTY the grips on the handle bars are wrapped cut up inner tube and black tape. The mirror is a spot mirror from the auto store for a two bucks and a piece of the light weight angle with the holes in it. so the bike has zero fancy stuff.

For my wife: yes honey I look like a circus bear on it.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I think when I have to switch out the motor for the one with no gastank, I am going to go with three 20 oz coke bottles. One capped with a cap with holes for the gas and fuel return, Then two more with just solid caps. When one tank gets empty I will switch the bottles for a full one. It just seems so elegantly simple.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"For my wife: yes honey I look like a circus bear on it"

LOL, that was funny Deacon.

Ya know those folks who draw charictitures at fairs and such? Ya should have one done with you with a bear body on a wasp. Wearing a fez with a tassel. Then frame it, wrap it all fancy and give it to Mrs. Deacon as a gift. (And post a pic of it here!)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I agree I just am such an awful painter with a spray can. LOL. To be honest the sound is what made me choose the name, All these little 2strokes sound the same to me. I ride by a landscape crew and look for the bike... lol

thanks dad and that what she says about me