power curve is more like a M

GoldenMotor.com

BrockB

May 19, 2011
United States
So my bike is lightly massaged, I have a drilled our air filter cover, port matched intake manifold and a modified CR80 pipe to a steel pack muffler..

So my bike has very good low end responsiveness, and it will pull all the way to the rev limit (dont stay there any length of time)

but in the mid range she seems hesitant.
any ideas?

i lowered the c clip on the needle 1 notch and that helped the power but hurt the idle..

any suggestions?

BrockB

May 19, 2011
United States
stock.. i think it has to do with my pipe, im running a modified CR80 pipe and have basically no header. it starts expanding almost immediately and i think the exhaust wave is pressuring my exhaust back into the jug.. im going to chop and fabricate a ~12" header tube and try that.

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
Hey the exact same thing happened to me when I did my FMF pipe. The "M" power curve is the exact description.....It pulled up to about 20MPH then fell flat on her face. If I gave it any more throttle it just bogged out, however if I just patiently waited for the revs to slowly push through the flat spot, at about 25MPH it starts to pull hard again.

May sound silly but after trying EVERYTHING and every carb adjustment imaginable I just coulnt flatten out the power curve.....untill I put on my stock airbox (undrilled) and filter. Gone completely, pulls all the way from a stop to over 30 smoothly now.

If your airbox is drilled and you dont have a replacement, you can see if this is your problem too by simply taking some Duct Tape and covering the holes you drilled with a couple layers to seal em up. Trust me, might be worth a try!
-Dan