aluminium clutch pucks?

GoldenMotor.com

MikeRowe

Jul 15, 2009
canada
anybody thought about using aluminum to replace their worn out clutch pads?
i have read on other forums of people using aluminum replacement clutch parts..ie pocket bike and some rc stuff... was wondering what others who know more than I thought about it?
.duh.

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
i have been thinking the same thing would like to know if its worth it all my clutches slip a little bit would like to prevent this especially on jackshaft setups

Whiplash

Sep 27, 2010
Palm Desert, CA
Why not try and find some actual clutch pads from a small clutch, then you could actually USE it as a clutch and not just a popper! I WOULD buy that!

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
The aluminum does not grip enough, believe me, I just tried it. 15 finely machined aluminum pucks, and an hour and a half I will never get back. Slipped way too much.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Thier are many different grades of aluminum, which alloy were you using 6061?

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Guys, you aren't doing this right, not be a know it all or anything, just google Mcmaster Carr, go to their transmission section, go to friction materials, and buy some of the 1/4" thick semi-metallic. It's good stuff and it's been proven to work by everyone who's tried it. Peace :D
-LS

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
Bleh, I know. That would be the best way to go. I would love to get some, but I'm gonna hold out until my current stock pucks melt away xD.