GT80 in a Schwinn Swindler Project Tight Squeeze

GoldenMotor.com

Neptunati

Jun 11, 2009
Kansas city
All is not fair in love and Craigslist LOL cuz I got this bad boy for 20 bucks! KX80 EXPANSION CHAMBER ! What I thought was some dude trying to sell a blown motor KX80 dirt bike Kawasaki. I figured what the heck I'll shoot him an offer for it. Texted him hey I'll give you twenty bucks for that expansion chamber. Text me back okay. I couldn't believe it cuz I know these pipes are worth a lot of money. By the time I got there realized it was a 13 year old kid wanted to sell me the whole dirt bike for 50 bucks. Now I just got to figure out how to weld up a header and manifold to the engine. 50 mph club here we come! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Who's got a welder in KC?.wee.

Attachments

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
Nice find, it shouldn't cost too much to weld it up. I make my own pipes by hydro-forming with a pressure-washer I have made two so far. They seem to work pretty good.

Limowm

Aug 27, 2016
Corpus Christi TX
I got it to tightly fit, by grinding the two forward mount bolts flat a quarter side
It weakens the bolt in sure. But was able to get around the bike tube.

Neptunati

Jun 11, 2009
Kansas city
Nice find, it shouldn't cost too much to weld it up. I make my own pipes by hydro-forming with a pressure-washer I have made two so far. They seem to work pretty good.

I'd really like to see your homemade hydro forming rig. You got any pics of your pipes? Video of the process?

Ron344

Oct 13, 2012
colorado
I'd really like to see your homemade hydro forming rig. You got any pics of your pipes? Video of the process?
Here is a picture of the second one I made. The first one is on the first picture I posted on this thread. You can look up Hydro forming expansion chamber on you tube and it will show you how it's done. I bought a fitting for the pressure washer at ACE hardware. it's pretty easy to do if you have a mig and pressure washer.

Attachments