No Power

GoldenMotor.com

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
I found a mechanic got bike yesterday and it has mo power and the idle screw is not changing when I turn It! It kinda goes good on flat ground but have to pedal uphills! There are no airleaks any ideas? Thanks

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if it smokes too much, then it is motor full of fuel from leaving petcock on

otherwise, it may be the carb or a gasket leaking

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
If it ran good then suddenly lost power, and the idle screw does nothing, and you have spark I'd guess you have a clogged up main jet.
My bike would barely pull me home, all of a sudden, and that's all it was.
The jets are so small it doesn't take much to block them.
Clean up the carb and that main jet, check fuel flow out of the line before reattaching it, and try it again.
Good luck with it!

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
It never ran good its new engine! Iam gonna change carb I got spare iam no mechanic I just screw things up but I can change carb! I just know my first bike went about 35 mph this one about 10 whats the point if it only goes 10 mph? Lol

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
You may have a new tank that's dirty inside. Rinse out the tank with gas, keep a gas filter on the line and you might not have any more trouble with it.

Jroge1523

Aug 28, 2017
If its not a airleak it might be a compression issue have your bike off with the clutch out if its easy to push forward your piston is going bad which causes no power.